User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Default Ethnic Studies Banned as Treason, No Accents Allowed -

- In Arizona.

Oh, you crajee, crajee state. You are far, faaaaaar too close to my beloved CA for my liking.

And who beat you up as a kid? What happened to you???? Stop the hate!

Original article here

The 'no accents' policy refers to those to teachers of English.
    Last edited by CzeCze; 05-01-2010 at 01:37 PM.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INxJ

Does ethnic mean non-white? Technically, race doesn't exist, but we are all made of ethnic groups including europeans.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I just read the article. What the hell is an ungrammatical accent? This is bigotry at its finest!!!
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Does ethnic mean non-white? Technically, race doesn't exist, but we are all made of ethnic groups including europeans.
    That's EXACTLY what "ethnic" is supposed to mean. How absurd that is!!! It seems that if it's not white it's not right.
    --WildHorses

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Warm View Post
    That's EXACTLY what "ethnic" is supposed to mean. How absurd that is!!! It seems that if it's not white it's not right.
    I wonder if they will ban european spaniards with their accents and spanish names? Somehow, I highly doubt anyone that looks white will be affected.

MBTI
    ISFJ

How are they getting away with this?
    --WildHorses

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Maybe I missed something??

The article talks about a law that seems to be designed to promote equality and unity for ALL.

As for teaching a language, I am not sure legislation is required, but it makes sense that one ought to be able to properly pronounce the words they are trying to teach. This is no way reflects the intelligence of a person or how well they know a language. Pronunciation is integral in meaning and mispronunciation can change the meaning of a word.
    I like clean sheets on my bed VS I like clean shits on my bed.

Also I know the "TH" sound is awkward for many tongues and not used sound in most languages. But it is still part of English and It makes sense if someone is teaching me to say "the" instead of "Da" or "Ze/Za".

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Warm View Post
    How are they getting away with this?
    Extreme racial profiling has been going on for a long time in AZ. A google search will reveal this. The environment is ripe with people that are ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    The article talks about a law that seems to be designed to promote equality and unity for ALL.
    How is it equal for all, when the only classes taught will be american white and european? Ethnic means not white. Getting rid of all "ethnic" classes means getting rid of any semblance of equality there was to begin with.

What about hick accents or people like George Bush that use the word "Childrens"?

MBTI
    ISFJ

What about hick accents or people like George Bush that use the word "Childrens"?
    It's okay. They are white.
    --WildHorses

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Extreme racial profiling has been going on for a long time in AZ. A google search will reveal this. The environment is ripe with people that are ok with it.

How is it equal for all, when the only classes taught will be american white and european? Ethnic means not white. Getting rid of all "ethnic" classes means getting rid of any semblance of equality there was to begin with.

Well I am pretty sure that there are no classes in AZ or any other US state
    that are all about whites only(which is an ethnicity as well)
    History is history.. Not US White History. So why is there Mexican American History? There is no such thing as the United Caucasian College Fund.
    SO it's two sides to every coin. You can say that getting rid of all classes is promoting disunity. or you can say, that they exist, is what is promoting segregation and continues to single people out based on color,race and ethnicity.
    I am not saying I agree or disagree, remember, I also qualified that might be missing some point,
    The only group that isn't allowed right now to have segregated anything is whites.
    SO either they too are allowed to have segregation or no one is..
    That is what I see this law saying.. The time is now, to stop singling out anyone.
    I am also going to add.. before you say that whites have a racist history.
    The Japanese were Xenophobes for most of their existence and wouldn't even allow foreigners on their soil until the 20th century.
    The Spanish and Portuguese slaughtered the native peoples of their new world nations as well.
    The Chinese and Koreans both have doctrine that suggest they are the superior race on the planet and both believe it is their destiny to one day rule the world.
    Africans have been at war amongst themselves for centuries all based on tribal differences.
    India and Pakistan are pointing Nukes at each other as we speak because of nothing more than religious differences, They are the same nation, the same people the same history.
    Humans are racists.

As for George Bush he wasn't my president ( I am Canadian) And how he got into power , twice!!, Is something only Americans can answer for.