User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 195

  1. #151
    man-made neptunesnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I read both of the links you embedded in your one response.
    Read or skimmed?

    Does it even matter anymore?

    You obviously didn't absorb any of it. You likely just dismissed it as frivolous and moved on, not because the arguments are invalid but because introspection is one of those filthy liberal words.

    And that is absolutely wrong. Sorry, you've lost all credibility with that statement.

    racism - Wiktionary

    1. The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.
    2. The belief that one race is superior to all others.
    3. Prejudice or discrimination based upon race.


    If you believe that minorities cannot hold those types of beliefs, then you are out of your mind. You don't get to re-define racism to fit your agenda.


    Thank you for giving me the reportive definition of the word "racism." Now, how about how it works?

    You know, pure, we've had this discussion before. It's not going anywhere. We'll evetually hit a brick wall once you start telling us all about how you fancied a "mulatto" girl once and how that's somehow supposed to make you unracist, or probably when you start talking about how your shitty Ivy League education provided you with all the tools needed to understand diversity and the "minority experience."

    Yeah. It's getting old. It's not worth trying to explain this to you as you're unwilling to examine your world & your actions and how those could possibly affect (or even oppress) other people.

  2. #152
    man-made neptunesnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You should try living in Japan for a while. I fear that you would find that there is also a racial system that promotes yellow supremacy.
    I kind of thought it was a given that we were referring to a strictly American context.

  3. #153
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Read or skimmed?

    Does it even matter anymore?
    Read both. The article by the academic was pretty damn easy, given that it was mostly a numbered list of statements.


    You obviously didn't absorb any of it. You likely just dismissed it as frivolous and moved on, not because the arguments are invalid but because introspection is one of those filthy liberal words.
    You wouldn't know introspection if it squatted on your face. Guess what? People smarter than you are can look at a topic and disagree with you. That might be shocking to you, but it's true.




    Thank you for giving me the correct definition of the word "racism." Now, how about how it works?
    Fixed it for you. You don't get to have it both ways.


    You know, pure, we've this discussion before. It's not going anywhere. We'll evetually hit a brick wall once you start telling us all about how you fancied a "mulatto" girl once and how that's somehow supposed to make you unracist, or probably when you start talking about how your shitty Ivy League education provided you with all the tools needed to understand diversity and the "minority experience."
    "Mulatto?" Really? You are so unbearably ignorant. Really, that is offensive. I always maintain that I treat all people as individuals, because that is the ONLY way to respect their humanity and prevent racism from creeping in.


    Yeah. It's getting old. It's not worth trying to explain this to you as you're unwilling to examine your world & your actions and how those could possibly affect (or even oppress) other people.
    Did you ever stop to think that I might be right, and that YOU are the one unwilling to examine YOUR attitudes?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  4. #154
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Yeah. It's getting old. It's not worth trying to explain this to you as you're unwilling to examine your world & your actions and how those could possibly affect (or even oppress) other people.
    His actions? I know you're trying to get in a personal jab here, but that doesn't logically fit given the context of your argument.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  5. #155
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    His actions? I know you're trying to get in a personal jab here, but that doesn't logically fit given the context of your argument.
    Well, he's white, so he's obviously oppressing someone.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  6. #156
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    I kind of thought it was a given that we were referring to a strictly American context.
    Yes, and I think that's a problem. Americans tend to think that America is the whole world.

  7. #157
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Yes, and I think that's a problem. Americans tend to think that America is the whole world.
    How about we just put it at this:

    Everyone is racist, white people just do it best
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  8. #158
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    I once had a black man tell me that racism should not be held against white people... we're born racist and apparently we can't help it.

  9. #159
    man-made neptunesnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    "Mulatto?" Really? You are so unbearably ignorant. Really, that is offensive. I always maintain that I treat all people as individuals, because that is the ONLY way to respect their humanity and prevent racism from creeping in.
    I was using "mulatto" ironically there as a multi-racial person myself, pure, hence the quotations.

    Did you ever stop to think that I might be right, and that YOU are the one unwilling to examine YOUR attitudes?
    This is quickly going into "I'm right and you're wrong! Nuh-uh! But you're wrong and I'm right, loser!" territory.
    Derailing for dummies, anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    His actions? I know you're trying to get in a personal jab here, but that doesn't logically fit given the context of your argument.
    Alright. Change it to "his attitude." Better?

  10. #160
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I once had a black man tell me that racism should not be held against white people... we're born racist and apparently we can't help it.
    I think my brain just short-circuited.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. No Girls Allowed
    By wolfy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 02:03 AM
  2. No Boys Allowed
    By Soar337 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 04:58 AM
  3. There is no such thing as personality.
    By ygolo in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 10:13 AM
  4. There's no such thing as motivating someone?
    By Xander in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 12:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO