User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I think Obama should fly around the oil slick in Air Force One. Wave at the oily seaguls or something? Then they could land somewhere and have Bill Clinton play sax while FEMA celebrates yet another winning success! Maybe roll Dick Cheney out in a wheel chair with a birthday cake in his lap.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

hater
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFP

25000 barrels of oil spill per day. Besides the ecological disaster, lets see how if this will also effect the prices on the market for crude oil.

MBTI
    IsTP

BP plan deemed major spill from Gulf well unlikely - Yahoo! News

BP suggested in a 2009 exploration plan and environmental impact analysis for the well that an accident leading to a giant crude oil spill — and serious damage to beaches, fish and mammals — was unlikely, or virtually impossible... The plan for the Deepwater Horizon well, filed with the federal Minerals Management Service, said repeatedly that it was "unlikely that an accidental surface or subsurface oil spill would occur from the proposed activities."

The company conceded a spill would impact beaches, wildlife refuges and wilderness areas, but argued that "due to the distance to shore (48 miles) and the response capabilities that would be implemented, no significant adverse impacts are expected."

Robert Wiygul, an Ocean Springs, Miss.-based environmental lawyer and board member for the Gulf Restoration Network, said he doesn't see anything in the document suggesting BP addressed the kind of technology needed to control such an enormous spill that far underwater.

"The point is, if you're going to be drilling in 5,000 feet of water for oil, you should have the ability to control what you're doing," he said.
    So much for that.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

You know if the Government would stop over regulating corporations this wouldn't have happened.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'll be upset if the government doesn't send BP a bill.
    I hope BP is forced to compensate all the people whose lives are negatively effected by this disaster. Shrimp farmers and fishermen are certainly being hit hard, among others. I could see the reparations being so large that BP could be forced to file for bankruptcy.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Heh, good ol' BP.

I worked on an oil spill case of theirs once. They pled guilty.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

They're already denying that any of this is really their problem. It is owned and operated by someone else, they say.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Does anyone know if anything like this has ever happened naturally? Tangentially related, I know, but still.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    You know if the Government would stop over regulating corporations this wouldn't have happened.
    On the other hand, perhaps if the Government had not been under-regulating corporations, this, the Exxon Valdez disaster, the mortgage meltdown, the great depression and other examples of corporate malfeasance wouldn't have happened. Most corporations are much more interested in the bottom line than they are in the public welfare.