First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    BP is getting trolled through Twitter? HAH!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm convinced BP is simply incompetent. This company has a history of fucking up.

BP America announces resolution of Texas City, Alaska, propane trading, law enforcement investigations| press centre| bp.com

With the Texas City refinery explosion, BP plead guilty to a felony and was given probation. How in the hell do you put a corporation on probation? What happens if they violate probation? Who goes to prison?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Hmmmm...
    Toss the CEO in jail?
    Give the rest community service?
    Make them clean up the mess that they made... for free???

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    With the Texas City refinery explosion, BP plead guilty to a felony and was given probation. How in the hell do you put a corporation on probation? What happens if they violate probation? Who goes to prison?
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    Hmmmm...
    Toss the CEO in jail?
    Give the rest community service?
    Make them clean up the mess that they made... for free???
    Rich people don't go to jail...unless they are some sort of celebrity, where once in a while an example is made out of one of them to fool the public into believing the system can't be bought.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

What now ? We wait untill August ?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    What now ? We wait untill August ?
    Yes. Not much else to be done, unless you fancy trying the Russian idea of Nuking oil spills....
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Yes. Not much else to be done, unless you fancy trying the Russian idea of Nuking oil spills....
    Seems like a better alternative to letting this clusterf*%k continue running its course. I would only ask that the CEO of BP be in an underwater submarine near the spill, at the time of the detonation...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Seems like a better alternative to letting this clusterf*%k continue running its course. I would only ask that the CEO of BP be in an underwater submarine near the spill, at the time of the detonation...
    Eh. It's terrible, but you notice no one even remembered the Ixtoc I until now? It was at least as bad, or far worst than the current one. The Gulf seems to have survived. I expect it will do the same this time. I am still not happy in the least, and there will be severe economic impacts, and the region will likely be hurt for years....but in a few years, I would expect most things will be normal again.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Eh. It's terrible, but you notice no one even remembered the Ixtoc I until now? It was at least as bad, or far worst than the current one. The Gulf seems to have survived. I expect it will do the same this time. I am still not happy in the least, and there will be severe economic impacts, and the region will likely be hurt for years....but in a few years, I would expect most things will be normal again.
    The estimates for this oil leak vary so widely, you can't really compare it to other leaks. It could be far less serious or far more serious than the Ixtoc leak, depending on whose numbers you trust.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Look on the possible bright side.
    It may lead us and the economy to be less dependent on big oil and actually start using alternative energy resources like corn oils or anything else that doesn't cause massive spills. That is, if enough people, and the right people are negatively affected by this mishap.
    You can't give up oil entirely, but hopefully there will be more punishments on higher-ups demanding that the oil is mined at a dangerous pace.