First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    If all you look at are the bad news stories, sure.
    You are right. Although most news stories are usually bad and the ones people always highlight towards other people are also usually bad so the impression may be made.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    it's not nice to take people's purses!

he should have been glad that I injured myself because I was still busy chasing him after he dropped the purse even... he was going to get a good beating
    Obviously, the poor guy in NYC...wasn't passed by an *STP

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

seeing what he did the poor man probably WAS an *STP!

yeah... I've always had the bad habits of talking to homeless people, giving hitchhikers rides, breaking up fights and things of that sort... I am vaguely paranoid that I'm probably not a good citydweller
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

seeing what he did the poor man probably WAS an *STP!

yeah... I've always had the bad habits of talking to homeless people, giving hitchhikers rides, breaking up fights and things of that sort... I am vaguely paranoid that I'm probably not a good citydweller
    Yeah, that dude probably was an *STP. We just do and respond to crap without even really thinking about it. Never really occurs to at least me, something is dangerous?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it only occurs to me when my mother yells at me for being stupid

I think the thrill of action overwhelms the little part of the brain that's supposed to give warnings about danger!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    IsTP

Seeing a homeless person laying on the ground is a fairly common occurrence in NYC. If you stopped to check if every homeless person you saw was ok... It's a shame what happened to him, but if anyone the woman he supposedly got hurt helping, was responsible for calling help for him. I say supposedly because there was no footage of him helping anyone and no one ever came forward so I'm puzzled how they knew how he got stabbed as he was dead by the time any help came. People who didn't see what happened had no way of knowing he was hurt.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

it only occurs to me when my mother yells at me for being stupid

I think the thrill of action overwhelms the little part of the brain that's supposed to give warnings about danger!
    Something switches off for darn sure.

Had someone break into my car and was in process of stealing the stereo.

I walked up and the dummy looked scared and locked the door.

I thought, wtf...this dudes at least a foot taller then me and he's scared?

So I unlocked the door and opened it for him...

Said, are you going to get out of my car? Or am I going to have to help you out?

I was visiting my sister at her college at the time. Course she went nuts and called mom...then I had to listen to... :steam:

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

somehow confidently approaching someone who's up to no good often terrifies them... I've confronted large men who acted nervous when I walked their way with purpose before (usually for something like hitting their girlfriend in front of me )... it's funny that you opened the door for him though

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

STPs make the world a better place!
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

For referance, this can happen anywhere, not just new york.

A few weeks ago at my college in Halifax, one of the students was hit by a car, driver got out, asked if he was okay, he was clearly in shock and had no clue whot he was saying, said yes, driver got back in and drove off.

So the student walked about 40 minutes to school, torn up to hell and bloodied, walking right past a HOSPITAL, and eventually made it to class, sitting down and everyone was like O.O wth!?

Fortunately the college also trains nurses and caregivers, so they were able to clean the wounds and bandage him up. One of the instructors drove him personally to the hospital and stayed there until the boy's parents could get there.

And subsequently the instructor got yelled at by the head of school management for bandaging him and driving him out there, when they should've just called 911 and waited for an ambulance so he could pay $600 for the ambulance ride.

Right.

And of course the guy had walked right through the middle of downtown Halifax, passing likely no less than several hundred people on the way there, including walking right past a hospital. And not one person checked to see whot was wrong.

People just assume they're drunk or into hardcore drugs or whotever, and want to be left out of it. They see noone else stopping to help so figure either someone's already offered, or don't want to risk being the one to step in. People are scared; while humans are considered "important" to help if injured, the people that're supposed to help them are... human. And humans are dumb, panicky and will be too fearful to overcome their basic instincts to actually DO anything, for fear that something similar will happen to them.

Whot if yeu hurt the guy further by trying to help and get sued? Whot if yeu get mistaken by someone else for having caused it and enough witnesses believe it to be true from mass hysteria? Whot if the guy was attacked by gang members and left for dead and when yeu help him, they plaster yeur name and picture all over the newspaper so now yeu have gang members hunting yeu down?

There's too many things that can strike fear in people's hearts and cause them to freeze or avoid the situation.

It's BECAUSE they're human, that they leave these things alone.

For as much as people claim to be predators and top of the food chain, pack predators usually fend for one another; sheep, and most other herd animals, will try to defend each other until one gets hurt, once one's injured, they all bugger off and leave the sacrifice behind. Hate to break it to yeu people, but we are sheeple.