User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: A world safe for assholes...

INFj None

Colbert just did a short segment on the original topic and it reminded me of this thread. It was pretty funny.
    Difference Makers - Robert Ekas | April 28, 2010 - Gregg Easterbrook |
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    See in terms of the crux of the matter, I posted a thread about free speech its gotten hijacked with defending homosexuality, its happened a couple of times in a couple of threads. Perhaps its the fault of feeding the trolls since I dont believe that Banana cares either way about homosexuality, if he couldnt call someone homophobic he'd call them racist or something else.
    As far as I could tell with Banana, he disliked you because you like to take potshots at groups and people you dislike in some way but can't actually explain in a rational fashion why your opinion is justified while claiming it is. Eventually this ends up with disdain and people taking potshots at you, which isn't right. You and everyone else here deserves the right to speak without suffering personal bitch slaps from people.

But this discussion is not about Banana, so quit derailing my recent point of inquiry. It has nothing to do with Banana. You're saying things without saying why, really.... or admitting you don't know why.

Honestly, if you just think homosexuals are yucky because they gross you out, I could respect you a lot more intellectually if you'd just SAY it. I value honesty and respect honest people, even if I don't like their answer.

What I really don't have a lot of patience for is dodging the obvious questions, as if you're scared to own up to whatever it is.

If you're aware of why you feel this way, then own it and be proud of it. Even if it's "I don't KNOW why, I just don't LIKE it!"... then I can respect that honesty too.

One thing I'd ask though is why there's the crying need to leap to the defence of homosexuality at every given opportunity? Is that exactly rational? Are homosexuals and gay friendly fellow travelers the last political groupsicle who cant simply live and let live and have to interrogate others until they can be sure they're thinking exactly like they are? Is that rational? Is it rational to require the support, affirmation and approval of sexual orientation and choices which has become a hall mark of politicised or cultural homosexuality?
    It's a topic on a website, dude.
    That's all.
    And happens to be the one we were discussing.

I have felt like from Day #1 you were the one with a chip on your shoulder here about homosexuals.

Honestly, I really don't care about your opinion otherwise, but if you're going to say things in a public forum, then people are going to engage and push on you. Freedom of speech means talking freely, and accepting other people's right to respond freely. I doubt I would even be bothering to ask you this question if you hadn't been involved heavily in past conversations on the topic, personally your values here don't concern me.

This is the last I'm going to say on this topic, whether it appears again or not, people have their views and I dont much care, I've stated mine. Categorically.
    At this point, that's fine.

I think I've already found out what I needed to know.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft