User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 66

  1. #21
    AKA Nunki Polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    A group that condemns millions of people to hellfire has no excuse to get worked up over a condom joke. You don't dish it out and then cry foul when you get some of it back.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

  2. #22
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    A group that condemns millions of people to hellfire has no excuse to get worked up over a condom joke. You don't dish it out and then cry foul when you get a little of it back.
    So civil discourse concerning salvation and damnation is not an option here? Interesting.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Except that the people making the jokes don't really care about child molestation, but simply want to make cheap shots against Catholicism.
    Wrong again. Our family is Catholic. Or was.
    But we didn't walk away from the church when the priests began molesting little boys. We fuckin' ran - ass fast ass we could.

    Here's some "inspiring" news:

    Lawsuit demands Vatican name priests accused of sex abuse
    By Alan Duke, CNN
    April 22, 2010 3:20 p.m. EDT

    Lawsuit demands Vatican name priests accused of sex abuse - CNN.com

    Pope Benedict accused of masterminding Catholic Church sex abuse cover-up | Irish News | IrishCentral

  4. #24
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Wrong again. Our family is Catholic. Or was.
    But we didn't walk away from the church when the priests began molesting little boys. We fuckin' ran - ass fast ass we could.
    I'll repeat, the people making jokes are only interested in taking cheap shots against the faith, too often because they're embittered about the Church and don't know how to move on in life.

  5. #25
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'll repeat, the people making jokes are only interested in taking cheap shots against the faith, too often because they're embittered about the Church and don't know how to move on in life.
    Thats an interesting interpretation but I'm going to go ahead and say I think that's ridiculously off the mark, and that such an assumption has even less basis than the accusations made by catholic bashers.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Wrong again. Our family is Catholic. Or was.
    But we didn't walk away from the church when the priests began molesting little boys. We fuckin' ran - ass fast ass we could.

    Here's some "inspiring" news:

    Lawsuit demands Vatican name priests accused of sex abuse
    By Alan Duke, CNN
    April 22, 2010 3:20 p.m. EDT

    Lawsuit demands Vatican name priests accused of sex abuse - CNN.com

    Pope Benedict accused of masterminding Catholic Church sex abuse cover-up | Irish News | IrishCentral

    Churches are creepy places, I haven't set foot in one in decades.

    Growing up, the Pastor was having an affair with the church secretary. So after a lot of "prayer" he and his wife were allegedly "called to" missionary work in Africa.

    The church music director was playing strip poker with kids in his basement, while the wife was away at work. He was also having an affair with a female member of the choir.

    Many more examples I can think of, but kind of pointless to expound upon.

  7. #27
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Thats an interesting interpretation but I'm going to go ahead and say I think that's ridiculously off the mark, and that such an assumption has even less basis than the accusations made by catholic bashers.
    You're free to say otherwise, but that very often is the case. I can even speak from personal experience too, since I left the church years ago.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'll repeat, the people making jokes are only interested in taking cheap shots against the faith, too often because they're embittered about the Church and don't know how to move on in life.
    Oh, now you change your word to "faith" since you found out I was raised Catholic?
    Well, that's mighty slick of you.

    Pope Benedict has been accused of masterminding the child sex-abuse cover up which has rocked the Catholic Church.
    Full article about Benny Dick here:

    Pope Benedict accused of masterminding Catholic Church sex abuse cover-up | Irish News | IrishCentral

  9. #29
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    I don't think anyone believes that Catholic priests are the only people who molest children. It's common knowledge that pedophiles get into all sorts of positions where they can have unsupervised access to children over whom they will be an authority figure- clergy, teachers, scout leaders, etc. It's the systematic cover-up by the organization as a whole, as if they are above the law, that makes this different. That's not anti-Catholic rhetoric, because I am not anti-Catholic, but it doesn't help the Catholic church for its leaders, parishioners, and supporters to ignore that fact.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  10. #30
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You're free to say otherwise, but that very often is the case. I can even speak from personal experience too, since I left the church years ago.
    And something drew you back so you clearly don't have the same mindset as other non catholics.

    Anyway I think it's pretty ironic that you are being as rude and ignorant of non catholics as you claim they are being about you guys. Thats really just not cool.

Similar Threads

  1. Puerto Rican majority votes to make territory a state for the first time.
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 10:43 PM
  2. Double Majors, and to Study or not Study Abroad?
    By Antimony in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 06:03 PM
  3. This shy person decaded to visit you...
    By Capricorn Moon in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 02:16 AM
  4. Want to visit Canexas?
    By sculpting in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 04:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO