User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

A group that condemns millions of people to hellfire has no excuse to get worked up over a condom joke. You don't dish it out and then cry foul when you get some of it back.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    A group that condemns millions of people to hellfire has no excuse to get worked up over a condom joke. You don't dish it out and then cry foul when you get a little of it back.
    So civil discourse concerning salvation and damnation is not an option here? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Except that the people making the jokes don't really care about child molestation, but simply want to make cheap shots against Catholicism.
    Wrong again. Our family is Catholic. Or was.
    But we didn't walk away from the church when the priests began molesting little boys. We fuckin' ran - ass fast ass we could.

Here's some "inspiring" news:

Lawsuit demands Vatican name priests accused of sex abuse
    By Alan Duke, CNN
    April 22, 2010 3:20 p.m. EDT

Lawsuit demands Vatican name priests accused of sex abuse - CNN.com

Pope Benedict accused of masterminding Catholic Church sex abuse cover-up | Irish News | IrishCentral

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    But we didn't walk away from the church when the priests began molesting little boys. We fuckin' ran - ass fast ass we could.
    I'll repeat, the people making jokes are only interested in taking cheap shots against the faith, too often because they're embittered about the Church and don't know how to move on in life.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I'll repeat, the people making jokes are only interested in taking cheap shots against the faith, too often because they're embittered about the Church and don't know how to move on in life.
    Thats an interesting interpretation but I'm going to go ahead and say I think that's ridiculously off the mark, and that such an assumption has even less basis than the accusations made by catholic bashers.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

Here's some "inspiring" news:

Lawsuit demands Vatican name priests accused of sex abuse
    By Alan Duke, CNN
    April 22, 2010 3:20 p.m. EDT

Lawsuit demands Vatican name priests accused of sex abuse - CNN.com

Pope Benedict accused of masterminding Catholic Church sex abuse cover-up | Irish News | IrishCentral

Churches are creepy places, I haven't set foot in one in decades.

Growing up, the Pastor was having an affair with the church secretary. So after a lot of "prayer" he and his wife were allegedly "called to" missionary work in Africa.

The church music director was playing strip poker with kids in his basement, while the wife was away at work. He was also having an affair with a female member of the choir.

Many more examples I can think of, but kind of pointless to expound upon.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Thats an interesting interpretation but I'm going to go ahead and say I think that's ridiculously off the mark, and that such an assumption has even less basis than the accusations made by catholic bashers.
    You're free to say otherwise, but that very often is the case. I can even speak from personal experience too, since I left the church years ago.

Oh, now you change your word to "faith" since you found out I was raised Catholic?
    Well, that's mighty slick of you.

Pope Benedict has been accused of masterminding the child sex-abuse cover up which has rocked the Catholic Church.
    Full article about Benny Dick here:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't think anyone believes that Catholic priests are the only people who molest children. It's common knowledge that pedophiles get into all sorts of positions where they can have unsupervised access to children over whom they will be an authority figure- clergy, teachers, scout leaders, etc. It's the systematic cover-up by the organization as a whole, as if they are above the law, that makes this different. That's not anti-Catholic rhetoric, because I am not anti-Catholic, but it doesn't help the Catholic church for its leaders, parishioners, and supporters to ignore that fact.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

You're free to say otherwise, but that very often is the case. I can even speak from personal experience too, since I left the church years ago.
    And something drew you back so you clearly don't have the same mindset as other non catholics.

Anyway I think it's pretty ironic that you are being as rude and ignorant of non catholics as you claim they are being about you guys. Thats really just not cool.