User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    What if one doesn't support the theory of evolution, but creation?
    With the sequencing of the genome, natural selection became a precisely measureable fact.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    With the sequencing of the genome, natural selection became a precisely measureable fact.
    Your theory based on a project that concludes that there's still a lot to do in this field of study.

What about those who support creation? One Government is very possible.

Your theory based on a project that concludes that there's still a lot to do in this field of study.

What about those who support creation? One Government is very possible.
    What can I say? Creationism and its son Intelligent Design are imaginary, while natural selection is an established, measurable fact.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    What can I say?
    Exactly.

I respect your opinion, though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Exactly.

I respect your opinion, though.
    No offense and sorry if this continues to take away from the OP but if you had read beyond his first sentence you would notice that he said exactly what he meant....And is correct.
    SDMF

It's possible and likely. It would be like all things: good for some, bad for some.

Unfortunately most of you will be like cattle, kind of like how most of you are now.

....so who fucking cares?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Is it possible?

Assuming it is possible, would it be a good thing or a bad thing?
    The Chinese Imperial system. A stable, long-lasting rulership by a few of the widely distributed many. About two thousand years worth of (mostly) stable civilisation that depended on a large bureaucracy overseen by a surprisingly small number of people. It thrived, it would seem, mostly because local authorities were granted considerable autonomy.

It's hallmark was stability and regularity rather than progress. They could be and were screwed by anyone who happened along holding better technology.

And the Chinese are currently soaking up as much technology as they can. Eventually they will become technology producers themselves. And, say the soothsayers, they probably won't follow the now semi-traditional path of modern development: once they become technology producers they probably won't discard their other advantage, the oversupply of people. That is, they probably won't make any sudden switch to democratic organisation. They'll arrange themselves along the same lines they almost always have for two thousand years. And since China won't always be a ravaged, gutted, ill-educated dump, their choices will eventually start influencing what is possible for everyone else in the world.

None of which is in the least meant to suggest the one-world government is coming. Just that there are new influences and perspectives on the horizon.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    No offense and sorry if this continues to take away from the OP but if you had read beyond his first sentence you would notice that he said exactly what he meant....And is correct.
    That's the overwhelming opinion of this board. All he said about creation was that it was wrong, and that it's imaginary, supported by studies that are incomplete in essence.

I'm not here to argue about it though. If it's not for you, live and let live.

Ginkgo

I've done alot of thinking about this, but I would prefer world peace over a One World Government, as the two are not synonymous. The implications of world peace would revolutionize the economic and authoritative landscape by so many factors that it makes my head spin. The question is - would it work? Diplomacy just doesn't strip us of our need fr conflict, because the needs of the people trump the utility of debate. Someone always says "This means war!" in desperation or delusion.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

International problems sometimes require international solutions. We don't need a one world government, but I think intergovernmental organizations are necessary.

Things like the International Atomic Energy Agency and the World Health Organization are good for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    And what kind of a government would it be? A representative democracy with a million people in the legislative branch? A dictatorship? That wouldn't last a couple of months with this much diversity. Look at the European Union for example.
    Actually, the EU just overtook the US recently, growing to be the most powerful economy in the history of the world.

Not bad.