User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I dont believe that an extraterrestial menace would be sufficient to provide unity between mankind, the racial and ethnic disparity which typified difference and wars before communism was meant to be done but it came back with the collapse of communism with all the wars following the collapse of yugoslavia and they're still going on.

Even if those divisions have been sufficiently weakened, and I dont believe they have been, nationalist identities are still stronger than internationalism and suspect they always will be.

The closest we are going to get to it is what exists at present and it does a barely sufficient job as it is at peace keeping, ecological regulation etc.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I don't understand how it can be so negative.

All I can see is that it would be difficult but to me it seems like it's similar to simplifying things wherein you ally yourselves with everyone else.

Or...when you simply make a family. Basic government unit.

MBTI
    INTJ

It's possible.

It's just not up to humans to bring it about.
    The 'Our Father' prayer that many people recite?

Our Father, which art in heaven,
    hallowed be thy name;
    thy kingdom come;
    thy will be done,
    in earth as it is in heaven.
    The Bible teaches God never intended for humans to rule themselves, and the current political situation we're in is due to Adam and Even being mislead, and an out-and-out proving that no man-made government will ever work. That prayer is a request for God to take over ruling over the Earth-Theocracy, the same way it is established in Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Is it possible?

Assuming it is possible, would it be a good thing or a bad thing?
    We already have the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. However it is under violent and propaganda attack by the jihadi.

No one knows whether they will succeed or to what degree they will succeed. So not knowing, we are obliged to respond morally.

And the right moral response is to support the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

It is possible, and a desirable goal for mankind. Political integration has lots and lots of advantages, compared to few disadvantages. It provides a more transparent and less costly bureaucratic system, easier international cooperation and less room for tricksters, among many others. It's not only a utopian concept, it would make the everyday life of people so much easier.

As for the possibility of a world government: it is achievable either through a long struggle of centuries (if the re-emerging nationalism proves to be only a temporal reaction to globalism, as I suspect) or a) a single world war-like crisis or b) an economic collapse or c) contact with alien species.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And the right moral response is to support the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
    We all know that the Universal Declaration is not nearly as 'universal' as the West wants it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    It's possible.

It's just not up to humans to bring it about.
    The 'Our Father' prayer that many people recite?

The Bible teaches God never intended for humans to rule themselves, and the current political situation we're in is due to Adam and Even being mislead, and an out-and-out proving that no man-made government will ever work. That prayer is a request for God to take over ruling over the Earth-Theocracy, the same way it is established in Heaven.
    However charming your totalitarian theocracy may be, there is a problem.

"The Origin of Species", and the sequencing of the genome make it clear there was no Adam and Eve, and so no original sin and no need for redemption.

So your theocracy has lost its raison d'être.

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    We all know that the Universal Declaration is not nearly as 'universal' as the West wants it to be.
    It is only universal in the moral sense.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    However charming your totalitarian theocracy may be, there is a problem.

"The Origin of Species", and the sequencing of the genome make it clear there was no Adam and Eve, and so no original sin and no need for redemption.

So your theocracy has lost its raison d'être.
    What if one doesn't support the theory of evolution, but creation?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I think it would be good if it were to be handled right.
    Obviously, a new form of government would have to be conceived, though.
    I think this is how it must be, in the future.
    A single world government is fundamental to fund and make the things we need to do the things needed.

We really, really don't need the capitalistic infighting that is the world economy today.
    What we need is stability. Global trade unions that won't allow big companies to "move factories to China" because of cheap labor, etc.

I am thinking it should be a bit like the world in Star Trek, if you know what I mean.
    One unifying language, one currency, no economical sharks or private interests controlling things.
    The lead words should be human progress, welfare and solidarity.
    Only like this can we truly go into a new era where people are not cultural strangers, divided by economy, language, skin color, religion...

There is real truth behind the saying "United we stand, divided we fall".

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

I don't find it entirely possible and I dislike the idea of centralised power.