User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

Default Muslims Punk South Park?

Satirical animated TV show "South Park" beeped out the words Prophet Muhammad and plastered its Wednesday episode with the word "CENSORED" after being issued a grim warning by a U.S. Muslim group.

The irreverent comedy show on Comedy Central also substituted a controversial image seen last week of the Prophet Muhammad in a bear outfit with one of Santa Claus in the same costume.

It was not immediately clear if the move was a bid to tread carefully following the warning against the "South Park" creators, or if they were poking fun at the fuss.
    South Park Television show - South Park TV Show - Yahoo! TV

My take is there is no way they didn't see this coming and they're just poking fun at all the fuss...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    My take is there is no way they didn't see this coming and they're just poking fun at all the fuss...
    Most likely, though I can't rule out the possibility of Comedy Central executives showing their ass again.

I've greatly enjoyed the last two episodes, but South Park can't top the original two episodes with this theme when it comes to illustrating the despicable cowardice of media self-censorship on this issue. I hope they keep fighting the good fight, regardless-someone has to.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Most likely, though I can't rule out the possibility of Comedy Central executives showing their ass again.
    It seems to be an executive decision, after all; through their despicable cowardice, they metaphorically killed the principle of free speech (those bastards!).

'Muhammad' now a dirty word on 'South Park' -- The Live Feed | THR

Free Speech

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I hope they keep fighting the good fight, regardless-someone has to.
    Yes, we can't afford to let ourselves be bullied by the global jihad.

The jihadists can intimidate individuals to silence by threat of death, but if we all stand together, the jihadists can't kill us all.

But most of all we need to assert our own values enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, particularly free speech.

The jihadists recognise they must silence free speech first and that is why fifty-seven Islamic nations have publicly rejected the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

The Jihadists wish to impose totalitarian Islam by force and propaganda, so it is vital we all rally to the cause of liberal democracy based on free speech.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

This is a hot topic on /b/ i didnt think it would make it on here lol

anyway.. this is hardly much bigger than the rest of the shit that matt and trey get into with south park. It'll work itself out

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

yeah, it'll work itself right into their throats, as they are cut and their heads severed in the name of Islam

Praise Allah, death to those who insult Islam!

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Lol. Remember when Islam was a hotbed of science, philosophy, and culture? Dark Ages, anyone? Fundies tend to ruin that sort of thing.
    I wonder though, why does it seem there is no Muslim group that actively stands against this? Genuine curiousity.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

The Freedom to insult (especially on such sensitive group) is not really a great Freedom.

If some of you don't know, freedom can be very destructive. Anarchy, that is.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    The Freedom to insult (especially on such sensitive group) is not really a great Freedom.
    We have a duty to mock what pretends to qualitatively stand out from the rest of the world.
    True strength doesn't care about criticism or mockery.

Only the weak employ violence and fear.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post

If some of you don't know, freedom can be very destructive. Anarchy, that is.
    Sure, power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. That is why the aim of liberal democracy is the limitation of power.

So liberal democracy does not seek to abolish power but to limit it.

All totalitarian ideologies such as Islam seek the absolute power of theocracy, and so they are absolutely corrupt.

You only have to look around the Islamic world to see the corruption or listen to the fifty-seven Islamic States who have publicly rejected the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.