First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    One man's insult is another man's truth-telling; you can't have freedom of speech without the "freedom to insult," (just like you can't have religious freedom without the right to blaspheme, become an apostate, or proselytize) and the freedom of speech (and religion) is one of the core rights which make all other rights possible.
    I just don't see a use for insults in this case or any other cases that relates to beliefs people foolishly die for.... Criticisms perhaps but toying with people's emotions is not one I can stand.

If my mother was verbally insulted in my face, I would beat the shit out of that person.

Perhaps it's a matter of how serious people can get with what is attached to their being.

Beyond plain logic, there are values. What is good humor is one that cannot hurt another.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I just don't see a use for insults in this case or any other cases that relates to beliefs people foolishly die for.... Criticisms perhaps but toying with people's emotions is not one I can stand.

If my mother was verbally insulted in my face, I would beat the shit out of that person.

Perhaps it's a matter of how serious people can get with what is attached to their being.
    sure you have the right to not like what I say and rebut, you generally don't have the right to inflict violence, but in keeping with the line of reasoning you're suggesting, you punch me I shoot you, retaliation etc. Seems petty.

Beyond plain logic, there are values. What is good humor is one that cannot hurt another.
    Simply false.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    sure you have the right to not like what I say and rebut, you generally don't have the right to inflict violence, but in keeping with the line of reasoning you're suggesting, you punch me I shoot you, retaliation etc. Seems petty.
    Not really. Just the tendency of what I would perhaps do. I don't think it's that easy to realistically think before act in that situation. But perhaps that is still my subjective view.

Simply false.
    I thought my "I's" were enough to hint that my views were subjective. In addition, I also mentioned the word "good".

Though, I really see that, in the equation of Logic, feelings or values should be included.

MBTI
    IsTP

I don't think it's that easy to realistically think before act in that situation. But perhaps that is still my subjective view.
    I grew up a certain kind of way, thinking before I acted kept me alive. Maybe not easy for all I'll allow that.

I thought my "I's" were enough to hint that my views were subjective. For example, "good".

Though, I really see that in the equation of Logic, feelings or values should be included.
    If you said "I think good humor...", I may have been more inclined to let it pass, but you just said "good humor"... Either way most, of the greatest comics ruffled plenty feathers...

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I'll allow that.
    Er, that expression implies that you are some kind of superiority. Some guard that I need to pass. I'll have you know, I beg to differ.

If you said "I think good humor...", I may have been more inclined to let it pass, but you just said "good humor"... Either way most, of the greatest comics ruffled plenty feathers...
    Tell me, what is "good"?

The value of these "feathers", How can one judge another's "feather"?

MBTI
    IsTP

Er, that expression implies that you are some kind of superiority. Some guard that I need to pass. I'll have you know, I beg to differ.
    Pardon me, "I'll allow for that" is what I meant to say. Touchy touchy...

Tell me, what is "good"?
    They are universally recognized by anyone and everyone who knows anything about comedy as legends at the craft.

The value of these "feathers", How can one judge another's "feather"?
    Tyranny of sensitivity.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Pardon me, "I'll allow for that" is what I meant to say. Touchy touchy...

They are universally recognized by anyone and everyone who knows anything about comedy as legends at the craft.

Tyranny of sensitivity.
    We are not as unified nor as unemotional as robots, my friend.

MBTI
    IsTP

We are not as unified nor as unemotional as robots, my friend.
    And yet you believe your sensitivities give you the right to impose your views on the rest of us.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

And yet you believe your sensitivities give you the right to impose your views on the rest of us.
    And how have I imposed this view?

I am simply saying that one can view this and one can view that and that perhaps we should not cause a disturbance(impose) towards each other. I am not you, therefore do not affect me---> perhaps an impossible task. This is all very difficult for me to measure...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Mocking Muslims in the West today is like mocking Judaism in Nazi Germany.

Of course the religion deserves to be mocked purely on its own terms but if you line up with the prejudices of the time to kick a minority, then I've got no sympathy for you at all.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.