User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

It's not about the act, it's about the results it ensues. Pride, Feelings, Emotions and all of related to these things serve a factor in warfare.

Though, as long as it doesn't motivate people to commit suicide and affect others on the process, there is no problem in my opinion. The problem is if we're dealing with uneducated extremists.

I have seen enough effective growing Islamic countries, and that is enough case for me to believe that the ideologies don't serve that much negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    It's not about the act, it's about the results it ensues. Pride, Feelings, Emotions and all of related to these things serve a factor in warfare.

Though, as long as it doesn't motivate people to commit suicide and affect others on the process, there is no problem in my opinion. The problem is if we're dealing with uneducated extremists.
    But some of those who flew planes full of passengers into buildings in New York had Phds.

And we find that the more educated Islamists are the more likely they are to go on violent jihad.

Our problem is not uneducated extremists but educated jihadis.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I did not hear about this. Where can I hear more of this information?

Still, it seems unlikely for people with these backgrounds to choose such an action. I mean they could formulate a better plan of war, they could cause more destruction

This level of tactic...seems to belong to those who either have family killed or have no use in the planning phase of terrorism.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You only have to look around the Islamic world to see the corruption or listen to the fifty-seven Islamic States who have publicly rejected the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
    Did they "reject" UDHR, or simply not sign up to it.

The two are not the same. The USA is not a signatory to the Ottawa Treaty on anti-personnel mines - this, however, shouldn't be taken as the US endorsing amputations of children's legs.

You are confusing issues, once again, Victor.

MBTI
    IsTP

Silence, if Victor repeats it enough times it'll become true!
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I don't know why people always talk about free speech when things like this come up. Private organizations are expected to censor themselves, this isn't the government doing this.

I think the Comedy Central execs just wanted to avoid risk, even if it was just threats. And changing a two second clip on South Park isn't very much of a risk. So, good business.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    The Freedom to insult (especially on such sensitive group) is not really a great Freedom.
    One man's insult is another man's truth-telling; you can't have freedom of speech without the "freedom to insult," (just like you can't have religious freedom without the right to blaspheme, become an apostate, or proselytize) and the freedom of speech (and religion) is one of the core rights which make all other rights possible.
    Last edited by lowtech redneck; 04-23-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: more to add

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't know why people always talk about free speech when things like this come up. Private organizations are expected to censor themselves, this isn't the government doing this.
    Which is why I labeled their actions "despicable cowardice" relating to the "principle" of free speech, rather than "oppression" and the "violation" of free speech.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Did they "reject" UDHR, or simply not sign up to it.

The two are not the same. The USA is not a signatory to the Ottawa Treaty on anti-personnel mines - this, however, shouldn't be taken as the US endorsing amputations of children's legs.
    The OIC, however, is actively undermining core aspects of the UDHR through the general assembly while advocating (and signing) an opposing "human rights" paradigm through the Cairo Declaration of Human Rights. Freedoms of religion and speech have been rejected.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Fuck Comedy Central. They are a bunch of pussies. I can see taking a stance to be welcoming to diverse cross sections of people...but to react because they are chicken shit is a no go.

Lets draft their executives and ship them off to Afghanistan.

Boycott CC for being cowardly.

Edit: Now that I think about it as long they did it to be nice as opposed to be intimidated by violence it is fine. I don't like people making fun of my religion either. Fucken atheists assholes
    Last edited by Vizconde; 04-24-2010 at 10:20 AM.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"