User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    That said, I think it's generally good practice to read multiple sides of a story on such a volatile topic.
    Why do that when everyone can try out a new anti-Christian one-liner?

To continue what you began:

The county says Scull's initial hospitalization, described in the lawsuit as the result of a fall, was actually due to domestic abuse on the part of Greene. The county says Scull filed a report to that effect, and that the abuse was documented by hospital workers.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    A) Did I run over your dog at some point and not remember it?

B) When did you get appointed on-topic police?

C) Takes one to know one.

Just take your pick.
    You have done nothing to me personally. I just find your behavior and beliefs to be disgusting and pathetic.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

The stuff of nightmares.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    But why should it be that way? I'm sure if the people doing these things and believing these things were judged and given the ridiculous "rights" that the same sex couples had then they would hate it. I just see no point in treating the couples any differently. They should be viewed and treated as a couple and nothing else.
    Yeah, I get that you think it's a no-brainer that way. I feel like it is the other way. Like, any kindergartner can tell you that marriage is between a man and a woman. It's kinda like the sky is blue and water is wet. It's a "duh" statement to me. I wonder "why should it be that way?" about people trying to change that.

So, there we are. Opposing points of view, both seeing the other as not making sense. On a site based on typology, it should be apparent that when you have very basic, fundamental tenets of thought that oppose each other, it's very difficult to convince either one that they should just change because the other says so.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont think its capricious, the word marriage is a relationship between a man and woman, anything else is Orwellian newspeak to satisfy political agitation and I for one wont consider it any more the truth than if someone tells me I travel too far west I'll fall of the edge of the planet.
    Because they are same sex couples, they arent the same, why is everyone sold on the idea that equality is uniformity? Last time I checked people could be tall, short, fat or thin and enjoy the same rights, perhaps we should get around to making sure everyone measures up correctly, what you think?
    Yeah, that's a pretty monstrous attitude, Lark.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Why do that when everyone can try out a new anti-Christian one-liner?

To continue what you began:
    See? Homosexual couples are becoming just like heterosexual couples. Can we get married now?

Lolol well this is disappointing.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Something like this, but not remotely as bad, happened to my dad when his girlfriend of 10+ years unexpectedly died.

Something like this, but not remotely as bad, happened to my family about twenty years ago when my grandpa (who was actually my step-grandpa of many years, but grandma divorced him) got sick.

This is exactly why I support separating civil marriage from religious marriage and giving both gay and straight couples domestic partnership rights.

This is so sad and I cannot understand how anyone, regardless of their beliefs, could be so cruel. I'm glad they had their legal ducks in a row because they he will probably win this lawsuit.

A lot of people who share my basic religious beliefs would disagree with me strongly, sad to say.
    I, for one, share your basic religious beliefs and completely agree with you.
    This was an absolutely heartless thing to do and I hope he wins his lawsuit.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

I dont think its capricious, the word marriage is a relationship between a man and woman, anything else is Orwellian newspeak to satisfy political agitation and I for one wont consider it any more the truth than if someone tells me I travel too far west I'll fall of the edge of the planet.
    Who are the ones to say that marriage HAS TO MEAN ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN?

We can always change, society is always changing. A 'word' is not important. It's how you use it. It's how you intepret it. That is the important thing.

Changing the definition doesn't do anything. It's changing the views on homosexuality that is important. Who cares about a word's DEFINITION?

So if Jesus wasn't called Jesus, does that mean he wouldn't be the same? If God wasn't called God, would that mean he isn't any greater? What if Jesus was called Bob? Does that change what initially started?

Sometimes people focus too much on their own worlds to notice the bigger picture.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Because they are same sex couples, they arent the same, why is everyone sold on the idea that equality is uniformity? Last time I checked people could be tall, short, fat or thin and enjoy the same rights, perhaps we should get around to making sure everyone measures up correctly, what you think?
    Haha, the ironic thing is that homosexuality don't have equal rights. That's the problem. I might be 'tall,short, fat or thin' but sadly I'm a homosexual. And because of that I DON'T ENJOY THE SAME RIGHTS.

MBTI
    GONE

Just the short answer from reading the responses - because marriage is an institution in the US that bestows rights (iron clad) including property rights to the couple, and because the case also highlights how vulnerable the elderly are, I don't think you can separate any of those things - gay rights, property rights, estate law, elder rights, from this case. Also keep in mind that California estate and property law differ from federal law.

When I posted, what resonated and struck me the most was the humanity of this story. Isn't that everyone's worst fear - dying? And not just dying, but dying horribly alone and ignored and effete -- because someone else took those things away from you in your last moments? That's my fear of getting old. And also my fear of a faceless bureaucracy running rampant and messing things up beyond the point of fixing. It's not so bad when the county bills you for $60000.00 instead of $60.00 for some random tax, even if it takes years to straighten it out. Because you have time. But if the government does something wrong at your deathbed - there is no recourse. You don't get any justice. No compensation. Not even an apology. Because you're dead.

Thanks for the new facts about the case folks. So there was suspected abuse...will have to mull over that new fact.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari