veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I suppose you reserve most of your creativity figuring out ways to creep out females over the internet.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1112745
    No, definitely on pie recipes. Mmmm..pie.

Thanks for the butt link, but just a tip - post-specific links like that don't work since not everyone has the same page length set. Next time use the link with the little # on it, not the "permalink."

Getting back on topic, I agree to a certain extent with cafe. But I think it's still possible to pursue contract rights to establish property sharing - something you could find a ton of common agreement on, rather than people trying to change the definition of marriage, and riling up a lot of people who would otherwise not care what your relationship was.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Seriously?

Its not Rwandan genocide or anything.

Bad and all as this is, provided the sources are correct, lets keep some perspective.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    rather than people trying to change the definition of marriage,
    I'm always somewhat irritated when people say this. Why, you ask?

Because the definition needs no change for a man to marry whosoever he chooses.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

It's amazing how capriciously people decide that a definition is worth caring about.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What I don't understand is why they treat gay couples differently from male-female couples. I mean, what's the point? Just give them equal rights. It should be a crime against humanity to segregate like that and do terrible things like that.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I dont think its capricious, the word marriage is a relationship between a man and woman, anything else is Orwellian newspeak to satisfy political agitation and I for one wont consider it any more the truth than if someone tells me I travel too far west I'll fall of the edge of the planet.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    What I don't understand is why they treat gay couples differently from male-female couples. I mean, what's the point? Just give them equal rights. It should be a crime against humanity to segregate like that and do terrible things like that.
    Because they are same sex couples, they arent the same, why is everyone sold on the idea that equality is uniformity? Last time I checked people could be tall, short, fat or thin and enjoy the same rights, perhaps we should get around to making sure everyone measures up correctly, what you think?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Because they are same sex couples, they arent the same, why is everyone sold on the idea that equality is uniformity? Last time I checked people could be tall, short, fat or thin and enjoy the same rights, perhaps we should get around to making sure everyone measures up correctly, what you think?
    But why should it be that way? I'm sure if the people doing these things and believing these things were judged and given the ridiculous "rights" that the same sex couples had then they would hate it. I just see no point in treating the couples any differently. They should be viewed and treated as a couple and nothing else.

I just don't understand the logic behind the prejudice. All of the logic that I'm given is absolute bullshit and weak at it's base. The "definition" of marriage, sure. If they aren't going to be treated as a married couple and aren't going to be given the same rights, then what does marriage even mean for a gay couple (legally)? Why were they allowed to be married if they aren't going to be treated as a married couple? It's all so strange to me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    No, definitely on pie recipes. Mmmm..pie.

Thanks for the butt link, but just a tip - post-specific links like that don't work since not everyone has the same page length set. Next time use the link with the little # on it, not the "permalink."

Getting back on topic, I agree to a certain extent with cafe. But I think it's still possible to pursue contract rights to establish property sharing - something you could find a ton of common agreement on, rather than people trying to change the definition of marriage, and riling up a lot of people who would otherwise not care what your relationship was.
    Nice, you finally decided to address the topic instead of making your typical vacuous douchebag comment.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Nice, you finally decided to address the topic instead of making your typical vacuous douchebag comment.
    A) Did I run over your dog at some point and not remember it?

B) When did you get appointed on-topic police?

C) Takes one to know one.

Just take your pick.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel