User Tag List

First 23456 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    No no...you got this because of OVER regulation, not lack of it.
    'Sub-prime' was not a creation of regulators.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Seeing this discussion from Canada is sort of weird.

We had a dip, mostly indirectly from all our trading partners being screwed, and now that everyone is in recovery mode we're bouncing back very strong. Our dollar is high and the bank is raising rates to cool growth/inflation.

I'd love to see a local housing implosion though. I want to buy a cheap house!
    It is kind of funny. Like America's having a stroke and Canada is just looking around wondering where that sudden draft came from.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Disco, people do care when taxes on the rich are raised because they are tricked into thinking that it will somehow be detrimental to the middle class by fox news. This is partially why the rich are not taxed near as much as they could, and should be. It is my opinion that taxes should increase exponentially with income.

The media also has a large part to play in the prolonging of the recession. The opposition to the current government, whether democrat or republican, uses the recession as a political football to blame the current government and further their own agenda. This sort of hyper-partisanship causes people to lose faith in those regulating the economy, and the economy itself.

You're blaiming capitalism? Wrong.
    No, its obviously been a roaring success, its never needed government intervention and rescue to keep it alive and its a form of self correcting goodness just ask any kid with a lemonade stand? Right?

I cant believe people can still believe this stuff, nothing surer that this crisis is going to happen again if this is for real.

Everyone? No....but enough, and it's increasing by the day.
    There's at least 1% who're never going to be worried about it AKA the most able to pay them.

No no...you got this because of OVER regulation, not lack of it.

OK, you mean state regulation right? The alternative is self-regulation right? Well we arent operating in a vacumn here, the evidence is in, what does it say? How does self-regulation work?

Really that sort of argument just reminds me of Trotsky and Stalin claiming that secret police, gulags, censorship and a police state, the very trappings of their one time enemies, were necessary because of malingering capitalism. Yeah right.

All the neo-capitalist promises are just like the Marxist ones, after the revolution things will be fine, collapse is inevitable, trust us we know best and ideology says so.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    'Sub-prime' was not a creation of regulators.
    No, but the bailouts were. They were more willing to do the risky investments, because they could rely on for instance the Fed to do something about it if it all blew up in their faces. Taking risk means accepting the risk of failure.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    No, its obviously been a roaring success, its never needed government intervention and rescue to keep it alive and its a form of self correcting goodness just ask any kid with a lemonade stand? Right?

I cant believe people can still believe this stuff, nothing surer that this crisis is going to happen again if this is for real.
    If something failed, it needs to be let to fail.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Tell that to those on a waitlist for a kidney xD
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Hmm, yeah, we all got to suffer so the system can be proven to operate just how the theory suggests? Come on, not even the fortune five hundred and 1% have bought that one my friend, what do you figure life in social darwinist land is going to be like?