User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Well, i dont find it suprising at all that height would correlate with income and social status. Taller people are perceived as having a more commanding presence, usually come from areas in which they receive adequate nourishment(meaning they have a higher economic status to begin with). In addition to this height is in general considered a desirable trait, which due to sexual selection is usually accompanied by other traits viewed as desirable.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I wonder if there's gender correalation here. I mean, I wonder if this affects men more than women.

I'm 5'3" and the only way I can EVER think of that I would be discriminated against because of my height is that I can't be a runway model. I really don't see that as a serious loss, because that's an unlikely profession for even taller women to have.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    It's funny, i'm pretty short but i have never really noticed any discrimination regarding pay rates. I have noticed that big guys get protective over me, but i usually bite their ankles and they learn their lesson.
    I actually like that men sometimes are protective of me, and also that I can wear five inch heels...even when I dated a guy who was only five eight.

God, I'm so sexist.

Maybe I'd care more if I was driven to be in some profession where being intimidating was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    It's animalistic behavior. Size tends to correlate with physical prowess. Biggest dog usually gets the biggest chunk of meat.

If a tall guy acts pushy, people seem to view that as normal behavior. Shorter guys on the other hand, are accused of having "Napoleon complex".

I can't count how many times I had to establish my place in the social hierarchy by having faceoffs with various assortment of monkey-brained dickbags who assume that since I am 5'8 and 145lbs I am automatically a beta male bitch.
    Yeah, I get accused of having napoleon complex(or if it's your average neanderthal, napoleon syndrome) because people assume that because you're short you'll take more shit which causes shorter males to be more aggressive in certain situations, especially in social settings, ime(gym, bars, etc)
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Personally, I support discrimination against Haight.
    Smart Ass

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I wonder if there's gender correalation here. I mean, I wonder if this affects men more than women.

I'm 5'3" and the only way I can EVER think of that I would be discriminated against because of my height is that I can't be a runway model. I really don't see that as a serious loss, because that's an unlikely profession for even taller women to have.
    5'3" is the average height for women!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    In the world, yeah. I think it's 5'4" in the states. Perhaps a bit more in younger age groups.

I recall reading about a study that suggested childhood height was a far better indicator of career success than adult height (men who were tall for their age as children were most successful), which would support the theory that these findings are due more to socialization than discrimination. I'm pretty sure this study only involved males though.

Were the studies showing a relationship between height and income done on both sexes, or just men?

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Like many relics of our bestial past this instinct can be easily overcome with the application of conscious thought.

It is distressing to think so many humans are unaware of how they give favour to others just because of their height. Enjoyable to pop some tall person's bubble though. :workout:
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    But there are ones bigger than that, they freak me out.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I actually like that men sometimes are protective of me, and also that I can wear five inch heels...even when I dated a guy who was only five eight.

God, I'm so sexist.

Maybe I'd care more if I was driven to be in some profession where being intimidating was necessary.

Thats interesting, I think i may be heightist towards men , i'm 5ft nothing but i have only ever had relationships with guys 5ft11 and taller. I know i attract taller guys and i definately prefer them. Once (as a teenager) i had a boyfriend who was 6ft5...a foot and a half taller, that was hilarious!

I was brought up in a group with five boys, i was the toughest, the best at sport and the fiestiest of all.
    The thing is i think a lot of this "in the workplace" discrimination would probably also come down to type. Being an ENFP gal i'm assertive so i'm not sure that the discrimination heightism would apply to me so much....?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"