User Tag List

First 1234 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^That theory is BS, IMHO. I was tall in my childhood. I was almost adult height by the time I was eight. I'm a short ass now....so theory fail, as in, way too many exceptions to the rule.

I also think height discrimination in certain jobs is a necessity, as in you can't be too short or too tall, or it would seriously impede your ability to do your job properly.

I've never had trouble about my height.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    ^That theory is BS, IMHO. I was tall in my childhood. I was almost adult height by the time I was eight. I'm a short ass now....so theory fail, as in, way too many exceptions to the rule.

I also think height discrimination in certain jobs is a necessity, as in you can't be too short or too tall, or it would seriously impede your ability to do your job properly.

I've never had trouble about my height.
    How is that an exception to the rule? The rule is that little kids look to taller(older) children for guidance/leadership. I don't see how an example of someone being at different height ratios at different times as any relationship to this.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INTj

In parts of China, height discrimination is supposedly enforced by law.

Montreal Mirror : The Front Page : Media

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post

Interested stuff. Whilst I don't think the correlation can be explained away by that, it's certainly a factor that needs to be taken into account. For example, perhaps some of those traits are perceived because of prejudice, rather than actually being there. The personal space part certainly suggests that element is present.
    It's animalistic behavior. Size tends to correlate with physical prowess. Biggest dog usually gets the biggest chunk of meat.

If a tall guy acts pushy, people seem to view that as normal behavior. Shorter guys on the other hand, are accused of having "Napoleon complex".

I can't count how many times I had to establish my place in the social hierarchy by having faceoffs with various assortment of monkey-brained dickbags who assume that since I am 5'8 and 145lbs I am automatically a beta male bitch.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

figsfiggyfigs

I'm glad I'm 5'10. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    In parts of China, height discrimination is supposedly enforced by law.

Montreal Mirror : The Front Page : Media

WHAT?!?!? * goes to read article*

Feminists used to focus on height, they attacked the production of high heels as reflecting patriarchal norms valuing height and therefore power.

Incidentially I've got a phobia of women who are taller than me, also men but more specifically women, it triggers a lot of involuntary reponses which I have to consciously try and exercise control over. Its one of the few I experience along with a fear of wasps and small flying, buzzing, stinging or biting insects.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Wht?

Well I would want workers who can reach my top shelf to get my some papers...
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

- Jack Handey

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Yea, Height is a discriminatory subject.

I'm one of the very unlucky ones in aspects of my height.

Females tend to discriminate against males in Height, especially in relationships (They have this thing where taller = stronger = bigger penis = better at everything). Most of them need someone who is 'taller' and can 'protect' them. That sort of thing.

Most men (The short ones) have napoleon complex. Because of the high expectations females have; and how they want to be be more attractive, etc. It's like your face, and how you want to make it seem uber hunky.

Iunno, I'm very short. (5'2" or 160cm) so I have been discrimnated. I mean c'mon, it's not my fault when someone sees me, they say 'You're short'. I mean what about a simple 'Hello' or a handshake?

But frankly, I don't worry that much about my height. I'm gay anyways, therefore I don't need to be tall. It's not like I need to get girls or anything.

In the business world, people who are more attractive tend to be more 'higher' in the society we live in. Have you ever seen a super good looking janitor? Most of the good looking guys get their sugar mama's and live their spoilt lives. Not my problem!

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    How is that an exception to the rule? The rule is that little kids look to taller(older) children for guidance/leadership. I don't see how an example of someone being at different height ratios at different times as any relationship to this.
    The article quite clearly infers if you mimick the behaviour of a tall person, you get the benefits. A Tall child would have learned those behaviours. That's why I call BS.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Personally, I support discrimination against Haight.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?