User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Nomorenames View Post
    I read Ann Coulter.
    Are you sure that possible really? I looked at one of her books once, looked being the operative word for the experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Are you sure that possible really? I looked at one of her books once, looked being the operative word for the experience.
    Wanna read some quotes?

I believe I am a better person for having read How To Talk to a Liberal (if you must). I learned of my own bias and where my patience and tolerance end. It was humbling. I can now read anything without reacting emotionally and having all my reasoning faculties shut down.

I recommend all left leaning NFs read the whole book as an exercise in developing their T.

beyondaurora

Yes, I nearly always explore opposing view points.

However, I very often become overwhelmed with my tendency to see the validity of both sides, and I end up thinking that neither (or both) are correct, that nothing (or everything) is "true", and I give up altogether.

Hence the reason I am apolitical.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Hence the reason I am apolitical.
    That's an oxymoron!
    Last edited by Nomorenames; 04-27-2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: tralalala

Wanna read some quotes?

I believe I am a better person for having read How To Talk to a Liberal (if you must). I learned of my own bias and where my patience and tolerance end. It was humbling. I can now read anything without reacting emotionally and having all my reasoning faculties shut down.

I recommend all left leaning NFs read the whole book as an exercise in developing their T.
    The style of Coulter's books are a lot like Mike Moores later books and that other guy who wrote Lying Liars, its more a literary than political criticism I've got of them, although I would say that Coulter's the worst of them all, maybe that's political bias mixed in I dont know.

Edit:NB I've read and like some of PJ O'Rourke's books so its probably not bias, although the guy shouldnt ever have tried to write about northern ireland.
    Last edited by Survive & Stay Free; 04-27-2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: added a comment on end

MBTI
    IxTP

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Another ISTP debator? And all these years I thought I were a mutant.

What's your favorite to argue: Affirmative, Negative, Counter Negative?

Play soccer too? or just like to watch? In either case what's your preferred field position?
    I'm a 2A, so aff is by far my favorite, but I mean, I love debate in general. Also, I do CX/policy debate, so we may be talking about different types of debate.

I just kind of play for fun anymore now that I'm in college, but when I do I play goal keeper or defender. I would've played in high school, but I was cut three years straight. It didn't really bother me though because while I'm not bad, the program is insanely good, ranked in the top 25 year after year, and were even national champions this last year (Aquinas wraps up undefeated season with top national rank - KansasCity.com). But aside from playing, I do love to watch it too, mostly the KC Wizards and Arsenal.
    “My generation's apathy. I'm disgusted with it. I'm disgusted with my own apathy too, for being spineless and not always standing up against racism, sexism and all those other -isms the counterculture has been whinning about for years.” -Kurt Cobain

Enneagram

Wanna read some quotes?

Liberals hate homosexuals while they love the Soviet Union and race discrimination? Afghans, Iraquis, Ethiopians are "utter savages"? Were it not for John Ashcroft the US would be conquered and have to learn Arabic? Those don't seem like healthy T statements. Is this a joke?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by soccerjunkie1996 View Post
    I'm a 2A, so aff is by far my favorite, but I mean, I love debate in general. Also, I do CX/policy debate, so we may be talking about different types of debate.

I just kind of play for fun anymore now that I'm in college, but when I do I play goal keeper or defender. I would've played in high school, but I was cut three years straight. It didn't really bother me though because while I'm not bad, the program is insanely good, ranked in the top 25 year after year, and were even national champions this last year (Aquinas wraps up undefeated season with top national rank - KansasCity.com). But aside from playing, I do love to watch it too, mostly the KC Wizards and Arsenal.
    I stopped debating by Sophomore year of HS. Mostly public policy topics... I enjoyed researching and putting together an affirmative argument. However, won more often picking an affirmative argument apart.

Goal keeper and defender were the positions I enjoyed and most often chosen for when younger. Mid-field as I got older, in that there were more opportunities to anticipate how the "set-up" would flow. Among ISTP's mid-field seems the most prevelant.

My nephew's baseball team is really good, and he hasn't gotten to play as much this year. He's only a sophomore, so we tell him it's a good thing he's not pitching or at first base all the time. Some of the other kids have been playing so much from a young age, they're "wearing their arm out."

Soccer was just coming to the US when I was growing up. My first exposure to the game was informally in PE during middle school. I played my junior and senior year of HS, which were the first years for the local district. It amazes me to see people who have played from a very young age, work the ball...which in comparison my own skill level never really got off the ground.

But I love that the sport did!

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I agree. Modern humans are drowning in a sea of words. Most of it is meaningless.
    +1.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

When i read, esp historic, i am always looking for the bias, history has been re-written so many times you have to look closely at the "facts" we take for granted. I'm interested in new perspectives, in gathering as much info as i can and comming to my own conclusions. I like to consider others viewpoints and opinions on any topic, it's all fairly valuable.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"