User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I make all decisions/judgements based upon all that I have ever known/experienced, and whatever new info that registers as accurate...at the time.

I'm not kidding.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Yes always; if I don't, it doesn't give me a complete view. It's as if there's no balance.

Anyways I like it when I PWN the other side so hard they start having to whine and throw insults at me.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I used to enjoy political discussions, and my research would take in information from all kinds of resources. Especially foreign resources.

After a couple of years of doing so, it became incredibly boring devoting time to unraveling the pile of bull shit printed in the press each day.

So I stopped looking regularly.
    I agree. Modern humans are drowning in a sea of words. Most of it is meaningless.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I agree. Modern humans are drowning in a sea of words. Most of it is meaningless.
    Yep! +1!!!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

I ALWAYS listen to opposing view points. As a teen I often argued them as well to see if they made sense. As an adult I still listen. Sometimes people on the opposite side of the spectrum can make you see things in a new way. . . or simply solidify your already solid opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I make all decisions/judgements based upon all that I have ever known/experienced, and whatever new info that registers as accurate...at the time.

I'm not kidding.
    Thinking before saying is great view!
    Anyway,it's ok

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    I ALWAYS listen to opposing view points. As a teen I often argued them as well to see if they made sense. As an adult I still listen. Sometimes people on the opposite side of the spectrum can make you see things in a new way. . . or simply solidify your already solid opinion.
    I'm always open to all sides of an argument too, because I'm more interested in understanding the entire system/dynamics rather than promoting a particular view... even if I have opinions. I'm susceptible to good evidence too; even when I badly want to hold onto a point of view, I can't if someone has given me something substantial to consider. (That part is sorta frustrating. )

As you say, considering other sides either can teach you something new or can help your current position seem more secure.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IxTP

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I used to enjoy political discussions, and my research would take in information from all kinds of resources. Especially foreign resources.

After a couple of years of doing so, it became incredibly boring devoting time to unraveling the pile of bull shit printed in the press each day.

So I stopped looking regularly.
    Pretty similar to my approach. I do a lot of research for college debate though, so I still read a lot about current events and politics, but I read it largely just to see if there's anything I can use for debate more than for my own purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I read anything that strikes me as logical rather than empty rhetoric - whether it agrees with me or not.
    Yeah, a vast majority of the 'news' articles I read have a TON of rhetoric/opinion with little logic or facts supporting it, so I have to use my bullshit filter a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Am I one of the few people who finds this trend of overflowing information scary?

e.g.:
    Amusing Ourselves to Death by Stuart McMillen - cartoon Recombinant Records
    “My generation's apathy. I'm disgusted with it. I'm disgusted with my own apathy too, for being spineless and not always standing up against racism, sexism and all those other -isms the counterculture has been whinning about for years.” -Kurt Cobain

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by soccerjunkie1996 View Post
    Pretty similar to my approach. I do a lot of research for college debate though, so I still read a lot about current events and politics, but I read it largely just to see if there's anything I can use for debate more than for my own purposes.
    Another ISTP debator? And all these years I thought I were a mutant.

What's your favorite to argue: Affirmative, Negative, Counter Negative?

Play soccer too? or just like to watch? In either case what's your preferred field position?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I read Ann Coulter.

Yup. Interesting experience, that was.

At this point, I'm exhausted from all the research, fact checking and attempts at integration of all the information out there.

I wish we had incorruptable robots chronicling history and current events. I'm a lazy guy.