User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Default Woman sends adopted boy back to Moscow

Russia threatens to suspend US adoptions after woman sends 7-year-old boy back to Moscow alone - Yahoo! Canada News

I am curious how others will respond to this story. 90% of the readers seem to express outrage, but her actions seem reasonable to me. Russia has a habit of exporting potential psychopaths on to unsuspecting foreigners.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Why would you legally adopt a child that you hardly know? Wouldn't you meet with the child several times and look into its background?

I think returning the child is cruel, once you've already adopted.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

You have the same legal responsibility for a child you've adopted as for a child you had born to you. (which means you don't randomly send them away hoping someone else will take responsibilty) That being said, at least she didnt kill the kid like the other stories there have been from Russian adoptions.

MBTI
    ENFJ

There's blame on both sides...

I mean, Russian orphanages have habits of covering up any physical/psychological issues children might have, and are only later revealed very frighteningly and dangerously once the child is adopted. Considering how far the country is it may not be possible for multiple visits, too.

However, surely there must have been a better way for this woman to handle it.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    IsTP

What are there no orphanages in the U.S.?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

How can there be blame on both sides? If this kid is crazy she needs to get it dealt with, probably not by sending him back to russia. He is HER CHILD now. LEGALLY. Not "some random russian guy someone pawned off on you." Wonder if she will be charged.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    How can there be blame on both sides? If this kid is crazy she needs to get it dealt with, probably not by sending him back to russia. He is HER CHILD now. LEGALLY. Not "some random russian guy someone pawned off on you." Wonder if she will be charged.
    While I agree with you in the sense that it is now her child and she is and should be held responsible, you kinda wanna know if a kid has screws loose before you bring em home, and if they (the orphanage) willfully hid that as claimed, there is responsibility on their end too. That aside I stand by my original post, why not adopt a kid from the U.S.?

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Why not send the kid to a U.S. orphanage?
    A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.

Enneagram

This reminds me of the parents that adopt former child soldiers, and then when they realize there is nothing cute about a despondent, brainwashed 12 year old who has violent outbursts and is haunted by the memories of his past they try to send them back to Sierra Leone. They expect too much after such a traumatic childhood.

Edited a bunch: because you just know they were all idealistic that love and some cookies would turn him around completely.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    This reminds me of the parents that adopt former child soldiers, and then when they realize there is nothing cute about a despondent, brainwashed 12 year old who has violent outbursts and is haunted by the memories of his past they try to send them back to Sierra turning him around 180 degrees.
    Kinda but not quite because they had full knowledge of what they were taking on.