First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Guy View Post
    Sure thing, but I'll also play my little violin for the vicious dog who likes biting Black folks and ended up gettin his eye cut out.
    No one in the article said the dog likes biting black folks. The guy who cut a dogs eye out said he gotten bitten a year ago. Did you find another article that said that? Or are you just going dramatic?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post

Must be really easy to do with above 10% unemployment.
    Hey. He knew better than to get all up in the dog's face. His fuck up, if he wanted to keep his job.

Heh...he probably did it to get unemployment. :rolleyes2:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Biax, don't be silly, it's much easier for him to find a job now that he is charged with a crime.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    No one in the article said the dog likes biting black folks.
    Nope, the owner just said--

"The dog reacts to black people, Hispanics, anyone who is not white," owner Paul Tocco said. "She always barked at him. He (Owens) was well aware the dog didn't like him, and he knew to stay away from her."

Apparently he should stay away from her because she licks Black folks and Hispanics to death.

The guy who cut a dogs eye out said he gotten bitten a year ago. Did you find another article that said that? Or are you just going dramatic?
    Again, ask the SPCA who essentially wrote the article, I'm sure they'll be honest. Yeah, he said it and the SPCA and owner said some shit too-- why do you automatically believe them but distrust him?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Biax, don't be silly, it's much easier for him to find a job now that he is charged with a crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Hey. He knew better than to get all up in the dog's face. His fuck up, if he wanted to keep his job.

Heh...he probably did it to get unemployment. :rolleyes2:
    You both missed my point but never mind.

Maybe stories about animals do funny things to people </shrugs>.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Guy View Post
    Again, ask the SPCA who essentially wrote the article, I'm sure they'll be honest. Yeah, he said it and the SPCA and owner said some shit too-- why do you automatically believe them but distrust him?
    I quoted the article, did you see that? Also, if the dog bit him a year ago maybe he should have done something a year ago. Would you rather be charged and have to find a new job or just look for a new job without being charged with a crime? Why not try to get the employer to get rid of the dog? You are acting like this response is an appropriate or normal response. It is not acceptable which is why he is being charged.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

My uncle's dog was abused by somebody black, and now she barks like crazy whenever a black person is within her field of vision. That's a problem, because his garbageman is black. I think it has to do with learned thought from past experiences.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ

I quoted the article, did you see that?
    Yes

Also, if the dog bit him a year ago maybe he should have done something a year ago.
    Maybe, but I don't the specifics of the situation.

Would you rather be charged and have to find a new job or just look for a new job without being charged with a crime?
    I don't know this particular guy's situation, so it's difficult for me to say. I will say this, though, if I am being threatened and it is illegal for me to respond with force, I do not think it just that I should have to forgo my employment.

Why not try to get the employer to get rid of the dog?
    Like I said to Biaxident-- how do you know he didn't? You are basing your entire opinion on what the SPCA and the dog's owner are saying.

You are acting like this response is an appropriate or normal response.
    No, I'm acting like I don't know all the facts, so I don't know if it was an appropriate/justified response or not (normality having nothing to do with whether it was appropriate or justified), however, I do object to those presuming this man's guilt. I am simply saying, based solely on the facts in this article, I can imagine circumstances under which the action would be justified.

See my first post on this thread.

It is not acceptable which is why he is being charged.
    Right, because no one is ever charged with a crime they didn't actually commit or charged for breaking an unjust law.

Hey, if the media and authorities say he's a bad man, well, they must be right, yeah?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Justice View Post
    Dogs are our worthy friends, all other animals are essentially worthless and only good enough to fill our ever expanding bellies? I think it's interesting too, and I say that as I sit eating a beef taco.
    Yeah, I don't understand why people put domesticated animals on such a pedestal. We're devastated over a news report on pet cruelty but call the Hindu "exotic" or "strange" because they won't touch our beloved quarter pounder.

It reminds me of the controversy surrounding Michael Vick. I remember growing up in my neighborhood the boys around the block would raise dogs to fight each other. I never understood then why they'd want to do something like that (nor do I really now), but I also remember not being too terribly appalled by it. I think it has a lot to do with upbringing, cultural influence, etc although that is in no way justification for mistreating animals of any kind, pets or not. Further, my point is despite the fact that I adore animals, always have, and volunteer at and donate to the Humane Shelter as often as I can, I don't as Ragingkatsuki said understand putting pets at a higher priority than human beings.

Also, I may just be being a jerk here, but I always thought it was a little narcissistic to love something that is entirely dependent on you and loves you as its "master."* Don't hurt me.

*of course that's not why all people love their pets/have pets - duh, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I get the distinct feeling that the motivation for posting this, is in order to make some point about "over-sensitive minorities" using the "racism" excuse to commit acts of violence, as if this were some widespread problem: when in fact it's just another case out of millions a guy losing it with an animal.

Which doesn't make it ok but doesn't make it newsworthy either.
    I knew I liked you

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

See, you guys have it wrong. If you think it's wrong to shoot deer you should do something about that. But just because deer get shot doesn't make it right to carve dogs eyes out of their heads.
    It does not make it right, but it is effectively the same thing. Cruelty is cruelty, and I can not think of too many things worse than killing something.