User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

My weakness.. cruelty to animals.. This kind of stuff enrages me.. This kind of stuff makes me realize how violent I could be to another human being.
    The stuff going through my mind right now.. I will just leave it at that .. and next time I will ignore these types of threads.. :steam:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

See, you guys have it wrong. If you think it's wrong to shoot deer you should do something about that. But just because deer get shot doesn't make it right to carve dogs eyes out of their heads.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Apples and Oranges. From the information provided we have A man who had grown tired of the incessant barking. Thats not justification for cutting out one its eyes under most laws in western civilization.

Your scenario is different.

Regardless its still not justified unless there is an immediate life threatening risk, past injury only goes to reasonableness of a belief that self defense is needed to prevent an immendiate attack. Most US jurisdictions do not require the option of reasonable retreat. Thus generallly in the majority of states a person can stand their ground if being attacked. If, however, they are being threatened there has to be an objective standard of reasonableness that the ability to carry out that threat is imminent.

Even if that is the case whether cutting out someones eye who threatens you may be deemed excessive and thus eliminating a self defense justification.

Our government may be able to get away with preemptive strikes [i.e. on foreign countries] but our citizens may not.
    Again, taking the article at face value...

Dog had attacked him before (this part's kind of important)

Dog was being aggressive towards him

He slashed dog

I'm on his jury, he walks.

You hit me in the head with a hammer, and the next time I see you you're yelling at me with a hammer in your hand, don't complain when I drop you.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

My opinion is, the dog is an animal. You can't blame him for instinctual behaviors, nor can you blame him for trained behaviors. You blame the person who reinforced, trained him in the behaviors, or allowed questionable behavior to continue.

And the twit who cut the dog is an ass. He knew the dog was a guard dog, who's duties include barking at people. So dumbass doesn't like the dog, big deal. Find another job, or grow a pair of balls, talk to the owner, and stop whining.

Poor him, the dog doesn't like him...Let's all have a moment of silent tears to commemorate the moment he figured out that precious tidbit of information.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    See, you guys have it wrong. If you think it's wrong to shoot deer you should do something about that. But just because deer get shot doesn't make it right to carve dogs eyes out of their heads.
    But I didn't say it was ok did I? I was questioning the reason why this is newsworthy not saying it is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Find another job
    Must be really easy to do with above 10% unemployment.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Because violence against animals can be an indicator of other issues. This guy probably isn't all there, just like I assume you aren't.
    Ah, yes, because knifing a large, vicious dog that had previously attacked you is exactly the same as a future serial killer torturing small animals.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

The idiot who carved out his eye said that he was bitten last year. Did he report it last year or just say it now?

Owens, who worked there as a handyman, had threatened to kill the dog in the past and told authorities it had bitten him about a year ago.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Guy View Post
    Again, taking the article at face value...

Dog had attacked him before (this part's kind of important)

Dog was being aggressive towards him

He slashed dog

I'm on his jury, he walks.

You hit me in the head with a hammer, and the next time I see you you're yelling at me with a hammer in your hand, don't complain when I drop you.
    Ok I goggled the story and saw that it mentioned that the dog apparently bit him a year ago and then he charged at the dog taunting it holding his arm over the dog in order to position it to cut out its eye.

"Last night, he “egged on” the barking dog and charged at her, Detective Ken Ross III said. He allegedly then pulled out a nine-inch folding knife.

“He taunted her with his arm, raised his arm with a knife and slashed the dog across the face,” he said. “He cut the dog over the right eye, all the way down to the eye socket bone
    .”

For those unlucky enough to have jurors who follow their oath if they did what that man did to a dog, to a human they are looking at life in prison for aggravated mayhem. Even if one juror votes for nullification the DA will most likely retry the mistrial while the perpetrator is locked away awaiting trial with something like 1/2 million dollar bail. I don't know the bail schedual for aggrevated animal cruelty a felony.

I really doubt that the judge will give the jury the option of excusing/justifying guilt via self defense (similar to how they would not allow the abortion doctor killer the option of raising a defense of others defense)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    My opinion is, the dog is an animal. You can't blame him for instinctual behaviors, nor can you blame him for trained behaviors. You blame the person who reinforced, trained him in the behaviors, or allowed questionable behavior to continue.
    I wouldn't blame a schizophrenic for attacking me and continuing to threaten me afterwards, but I'd drop him.

And the twit who cut the dog is an ass. He knew the dog was a guard dog, who's duties include barking at people. So dumbass doesn't like the dog, big deal. Find another job, or grow a pair of balls, talk to the owner, and stop whining.
    And how do you know he didn't? And why would you assume an article based almost entirely upon an SPCA press release would give the attacker a fair shake?

Poor him, the dog doesn't like him...Let's all have a moment of silent tears to commemorate the moment he figured out that precious tidbit of information.
    Sure thing, but I'll also play my little violin for the vicious dog who likes biting Black folks and ended up gettin his eye cut out.

MBTI
    ENTJ

The idiot who carved out his eye said that he was bitten last year. Did he report it last year or just say it now?
    I dunno...maybe you should ask the SPCA since this article is based mainly upon their press release-- I'm sure they will give you an honest, fair and unbiased answer.