User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by valentine View Post
    I really don't see how people complain about things like this, yet are more than willing to drive to their local restaurant and get a steak, or a triple burger. Seems like cognitive dissonance at its finest.
    Dogs are our worthy friends, all other animals are essentially worthless and only good enough to fill our ever expanding bellies? I think it's interesting too, and I say that as I sit eating a beef taco.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I don't know shit about this, except for the story cited, but I feel I have to express my opinion strongly about the dog and/or owner and/or owner and/or attacker. Who needs to know the specifics? Let's just post some news story on the internet and let's all make solid judgments on the basis of limited information.

MBTI
    ENTP

Right. Because maybe it was completely justified to slash the dog's eye.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amphion View Post
    Right. Because maybe it was completely justified to slash the dog's eye.
    Yes, hippie. There are some nasty, violent dogs out there.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

"a dog that dislikes minorities"
    i'm not surprised some of you are buying into this
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    "a dog that dislikes minorities"
    i'm not surprised some of you are buying into this
    Explain

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    That being said dude went over board and committed a crime. There should be mitigation as far as the jail sentence for the animal mutilator but not a justification/excuse for the crime such as in the case of self defense.
    Let's say the article is to be believed-- the dog had bitten him before. So let's compare this to a human interaction...

Person A is a Black mailman who had been unjustifiably attacked by Person B on his mail route. Person B is constantly threatening all Black people who come near the house. One day Person A comes by and Person B starts calling Person A a nigger and threatening to attack him again-- if Person A slashed Person B with a knife, and I'm on Person A's jury, he's walkin.

"Oh, but it's not a human, it's a dog" one might protest "It does not know what it's doing". Well if Person B is a retarded schizophrenic, I still think Person A is justified in attacking them if Person B had attacked them before and was acting like he might attack again.

If the owner didn't want this to happen, dog shoulda been kept indoors after it attacked someone the first time.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

There are acts of violence against animals every day - including legalized hunting FFS! Why not post every time someone shoots a deer?

I get the distinct feeling that the motivation for posting this, is in order to make some point about "over-sensitive minorities" using the "racism" excuse to commit acts of violence, as if this were some widespread problem: when in fact it's just another case out of millions a guy losing it with an animal.

Which doesn't make it ok but doesn't make it newsworthy either.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Guy View Post
    Let's say the article is to be believed-- the dog had bitten him before. So let's compare this to a human interaction...

Person A is a Black mailman who had been unjustifiably attacked by Person B on his mail route. Person B is constantly threatening all Black people who come near the house. One day Person A comes by and Person B starts calling Person A a nigger and threatening to attack him again-- if Person A slashed Person B with a knife, and I'm on Person A's jury, he's walkin.

"Oh, but it's not a human, it's a dog" one might protest "It does not know what it's doing". Well if Person B is a retarded schizophrenic, I still think Person A is justified in attacking them if Person B had attacked them before and was acting like he might attack again.

If the owner didn't want this to happen, dog shoulda been kept indoors after it attacked someone the first time.
    You make a good point.

I may not agree with doing this, but workers have a right to go about their business without being attacked by the violent animals of unsociable people; and they have a right to defend themselves.

Also, even if he went beyond that, it;s udnerstanable how a person just trying to earn a living, can be driven mad by being constantly harrassed by a dog.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Guy View Post

Apples and Oranges. From the information provided we have A man who had grown tired of the incessant barking. Thats not justification for cutting out one its eyes under most laws in western civilization.

Your scenario is different.

Regardless its still not justified unless there is an immediate life threatening risk, past injury only goes to reasonableness of a belief that self defense is needed to prevent an immendiate attack. Most US jurisdictions do not require the option of reasonable retreat. Thus generallly in the majority of states a person can stand their ground if being attacked. If, however, they are being threatened there has to be an objective standard of reasonableness that the ability to carry out that threat is imminent.

Even if that is the case whether cutting out someones eye who threatens you may be deemed excessive and thus eliminating a self defense justification.

Our government may be able to get away with preemptive strikes [i.e. on foreign countries] but our citizens may not.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"