User Tag List

First 513141516 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Yes, I do agree with you that removing the dog would have made things somewhat different for him. But for how long? Until he found some other thing that was causing him distress? In my opinion, there must have other underlying reasons for his frustration.

I do understand that for him quitting might not have been an option and all sorts of wrongs might have been committed against him. Still, this does not justify his actions.

There probably wasn't any deliberate long-term planning. However, carrying a knife and then taunting the dog to gain courage to slash her with the intent of getting rid of the dog once and for all still involves a long term harbouring of anger directed at an animal who cannot know better than to bark at people.

There is always a way to relieve tension and, in my opinion, he found a bad solution. And now he's out of a job as well. Nobody wins. Has he gotten rid of his frustration? I don't think so.

Ok, this is all pure speculation and it's pointless to go on with this.

How about mere obligation to remain humane? No matter how much of their functionality or affection is involved. If you take on a responsibility, you better be responsible for it til the end. If you have no intention of being responsible about things, how about just not getting involved with them? It's that simple.
    The dog deserved it.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Yes, I do agree with you that removing the dog would have made things somewhat different for him. But for how long? Until he found some other thing that was causing him distress? In my opinion, there must have other underlying reasons for his frustration...
    The owner freely admits the dog had a problem with blacks. If the owner hadn't admitted that, my opinion of this whole thing would be different. I wouldn't like having some guard dog go nuts every time I walked past just because I am a woman or some other thing about me that I can't help. I wasn't there, I don't know all of the facts, it could well be that dog created a hostile work environment for blacks. I hope more facts about this case come out if it goes to trial.

MBTI
    INTP

I didn't read most of the thread, but dogs don't see a person's color. If the dog acted racist, it was because someone around it was racist and acted differently around people with different races.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I didn't read most of the thread, but dogs don't see a person's color. If the dog acted racist, it was because someone around it was racist and acted differently around people with different races.
    Dogs see shades of color just like cats and animals have ways of reacting/sensing that we don't. He could be picking up on his owner's feelings and acting out on them.

My cat used to walk up to my in-laws and hiss them. I loved that loyal little creature.

'Racist' dog defended after attack :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Nation

So let me get this straight: Andrew Owens, a black handyman

"egged on" the barking dog, which was chained outside the business, police said."

"Owens then pulled out a 9-inch folding knife and slashed the dog across the face, through the eye socket, police said."

Hmmm. You think maybe this dog's fear of black dudes was, like, uh, um JUSTIFIED?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Animalists!... One animal against another,... What has this world come to?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    'Racist' dog defended after attack :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Nation

So let me get this straight: Andrew Owens, a black handyman

"egged on" the barking dog, which was chained outside the business, police said."

"Owens then pulled out a 9-inch folding knife and slashed the dog across the face, through the eye socket, police said."

Hmmm. You think maybe this dog's fear of black dudes was, like, uh, um JUSTIFIED?
    Obviously the dog needs to be reeducated and initiated back into the social environment. Gang violence can do alot to condition a dawg. I saw some dawg selling crack on the roadside yesterday. Said he needed to feed his family. That trickle down shit is a bitch in the hood, dawg.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Guy View Post
    The dog deserved it.
    I disagree. Nobody deserves something like this, not a human being and not an animal. You have your opinion, I have mine.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The owner freely admits the dog had a problem with blacks. If the owner hadn't admitted that, my opinion of this whole thing would be different. I wouldn't like having some guard dog go nuts every time I walked past just because I am a woman or some other thing about me that I can't help. I wasn't there, I don't know all of the facts, it could well be that dog created a hostile work environment for blacks. I hope more facts about this case come out if it goes to trial.
    Yes, I agree with you, especially with the bolded part. I, for one, hold the owner responsible. But who knows what really went on there. The situation is just sad for the humans involved and for the animal.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    No, his fear of THAT GUYwas justified. Are you trying to say that every black guy would do that?

Faulty logic.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    1. What culture?.
    irrelevant question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    2. This happened in America.
    Yep, and the american nation is doing a crappy job at evaulating their relationship to dog's.