half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Maybe but the law has a process of how people are to address violations of their employee grievances and civil rights and disfiguring animals is not part of that process. In fact it runs contrary to the process.

It is relevant to the perpetrator because he will be required to prove up any affirmative defense of self defense by a preponderance of the evidence.

There is no reason to debate issue or hypothetical scenarios not supported by the evidence. Its completely outside the scope of the facts presented. It is not that just I find those scenarios unsupported by the facts and thus unlikely but that the objectively reasonable person would feel the same. In other words it comes off as "crazy talk".
    I never said anything that was outside the scope of the facts. This is a dog that hates minorities, the owner hired a minority employee, the dog bit said employee, dog continues to aggressively bark after said employee for at least one year after the biting incident, owner makes no attempt to separate dog from employee, employee threatened to take matters into his own hands.

It's possible that the employee can show a pattern of aggravated harassment.

And again, we don't know if the owner deliberately chains the dog to where the employee has to do his daily activities.

And I was not debating anything hypothetical, I was trying to make you realize that there may be more to the story than you are privy to.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Justice View Post
    Agreed, insofar as the law applies to the employee. And what about how the law applies to the employer? There are laws that address hostile working environments.
    The acts of the employee and the acts of the employer are not so separate as you apparently assume. Often not only are there procedural requirements, often including written notice of a demand to abate the nuisance but there is a general balancing of equities or addressing the matter under the totality of the circumstances. For example there is a rule of equity or equitable defense in civil cases that states "those seeking equity must do equity" or "equity must come with clean hands".
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by veins View Post
    In some societies, dogs are eaten alongside cows, pigs, chickens, fish, roaches, cats, and so on.
    Indeed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

ENTP OT again. Arguing whether an adoptive parent is narcissistic seems a mighty stretch on this one, even for ENTPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    ENTP OT again. Arguing whether an adoptive parent is narcissistic seems a mighty stretch on this one, even for ENTPs.
    Wrong. Not narcissistic, but, manifestation of narcissistic love.

Secondly, if you're that bothered by the actual argument, challenge it, the actual argument.

If you're that bothered by what you see as "ENTP antics derailing a thread", then, go ahead, keep on using a post to complain.
    Or....hit the report button.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Or just make a random post about nothing. You forgot that option.

Or just make a random post about nothing. You forgot that option.
    I leave that to your expertise.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Or the option of posting a funny picture...lets not forget this fall-back. Part of the restitution should be getting the dog its own parrot and a pirate hat. Edit: Darn I don't know how to resize the first on this guy will have to do.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Do only ENTPs go off-topic?

I rarely ever do that, so are you judging me for my actions or my type for existing?

And I don't think my argument was a stretch, or I wouldn't have made it.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I really think that calling a person who would attack a chained dog a "man" is stretching things a bit far... mutilating animals for barking, no matter for what reason, is just fucked up
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett