User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Justice View Post
    I agree with this, but in particular, the owner mismanged his dog creating a hostile work environment. An owner with a hostile dog who harasses people has a responsibility to retrain the dog or keep it away from people. German Shephards can be quite intimidating. I can't help but think what a wonderfully legal way to harass people of color at a workplace this could have been.
    Yes, exactly.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    The idiot should have laced a steak with infectious bacteria, and thrown it to the dog when the employer was on an errand, this would result in the dog receiving it's fair share of pain for it's past transgression and perhaps even die, and it would also be a way to get back at his asshole boss. <snip>

Animals in the human world should not receive rights in the same manner as human being's. They are nothing more then domesticated human property and should be dealt with as such in judiciary system. And the fact that they have CNS and can feel pain and a certain range of emotions does not negate the fact, that they still lack consciousness and the ability to understand the concept of rights, besides being totally purposeless resources. Therefore the concept of animal right's is not justified. But then again this is just my opinion and most people will disagree because they find it "unreasonable" or "baseless", but to me, the dog is two step's above the function of a computer or a TV.
    I think you are missing that I wouldn't want someone unbalanced enough to think like this around my children, either. Do children count as humans and get rights too? I am not talking about in this instance (since I don't know), but many people who commit animal cruelty harm animals BECAUSE they feel pain. No point in harming a computer because they don't get to see the blood fall or the computer cower from them.

I don't think people are animals, I don't think animals are equal to people. I think someone who harms animals probably has issues with violence that isn't just going to manifest itself as "animal violence."

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Justice View Post
    I agree with this, but in particular, the owner mismanged his dog creating a hostile work environment. An owner with a hostile dog who harasses people has a responsibility to retrain the dog or keep it away from people. German Shephards can be quite intimidating. I can't help but think what a wonderfully legal way to harass people of color at a workplace this could have been.
    I wonder how you can deal with that rather than just leaving. Can you sue for harassment? The owner even admitted to the dog acting like that (not that he would have in court).

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    I think you are missing that I wouldn't want someone unbalanced enough to think like this around my children, either. Do children count as humans and get rights too? I am not talking about in this instance (since I don't know), but many people who commit animal cruelty harm animals BECAUSE they feel pain. No point in harming a computer because they don't get to see the blood fall or the computer cower from them.
    ColonelGaddafi is available for babysitting. He has excellent rates and good references too!

I don't think people are animals, I don't think animals are equal to people. I think someone who harms animals probably has issues with violence that isn't just going to manifest itself as "animal violence."
    So if I hunt deer does that mean I'm gonna start picking people off with my rifle next?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Do you consider his action the same as deer hunting?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    Do you consider his action the same as deer hunting?
    No. Deer aren't vicious.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

The reason why the guy was also charged with a misdemeanor weapons charge is because the prosecutors know that the felony charge won't stick. And presenting a jury with a choice of charges is better than letting the man walk free.

Sure I think the guy overreacted, but then again, he said a year ago that he will kill this dog and the owner didn't care. He knowingly keeps a guard dog that doesn't like minorities and then employs people of color. The responsible thing to do would be to lock the dog away during business hours, hire a security guard or just get an alarm system. The owner is an idiot and should be facing some sort of charges too, I think.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Guy View Post
    No. Deer aren't vicious.
    But you can get Lyme Disease or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever from them.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNGGbozilko"]Vicious Deer? [/YOUTUBE]

All those hours of Krav Maga training Bambie took, finally come in handy.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNGGbozilko"]Vicious Deer? [/YOUTUBE]
    That was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Also, I may just be being a jerk here, but I always thought it was a little narcissistic to love something that is entirely dependent on you and loves you as its "master."* Don't hurt me.

*of course that's not why all people love their pets/have pets - duh, got it.
    What about babies, who are also dependent upon their parents as complete caregivers? I don't think the babies are understanding some abstract notion of "love"....just that that THING there = security. It feeds me, cleans my shit, and gives me attention when I wail. The THING becomes a mother, a mother it loves, as it grows older. Attachment. Through history of dependency.

What if the child is severely disabled and does not have the cognitive functions to ever realize this abstract notion of "love"? Would the mother who continue to love such a child, practicing narcissistic love?

Now, would that mean that parents love their babies out of narcissistic love, because it is "a piece of them"/theirs and it is completely dependent upon them for its survival?

How about adoptive parents? Are they then narcissistic in their love for the adopted babies who does not yet consciously understand abstract notions of "love" and just sees the parents as "security/survival"?

Is narcissistic love then "bad"? What isn't narcissistic love when there's a nurturer/nurtured dynamic?