User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gov. Christie's proposed budget cuts 74% of funding for library services in NJ

Senior Member Array professor goodstain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Your philosophy doesn't operate very well with the concept of politics.
    sure, but that philosophy does operate well with balanced budgets
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

This thread is now about copulating flies.

Guerilla Urbanist Array Brendan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    like what?
    Perhaps his proposed tax cuts to the wealthiest bracket in NJ... You know, the bracket he resides in.

I fail to see how widening the gap between rich and poor, and allowing the wealthiest of New Jersey to keep even more of their money makes good economic sense. I'm not asking that they be taxed into the middle class (what a horrible fate), I'm asking that the least of us be given some attention first. He's not being ballsy and telling us all to deal with the cuts because we have no money (which we don't). He's just cutting a lot of the funding that benefits a lot of us, and spending marginally more on benefitting fewer of us. Balancing the budget my ass. More like stacking the deck.

Because, as you know, the wealthiest of us are the ones suffering through this ZOMFG SKY FALLING "economic crisis."

You want to make NJ attractive to business? Raise our education standards inside AND outside the classroom. This does not mean raise the funding, I witnessed firsthand the waste that goes on in public schools, and I find it abhorrent, but perhaps we could take a more active roll in what goes on in schools around NJ instead of handing down cuts from on high, and saying "deal with it." The man didn't even get a majority of the vote for fuck's sake. At this point all he's ensuring is a lack of a second Christie term as governor. The people I've been talking to are all pissed off at him, and I live in the Republican southern half of NJ.

Where are my tax breaks? Where's the funding for the services that benefit me, that I participate in directly as a NJ citizen? Oh wait. That's right. They're being cut by 74% to give tax cuts to the wealthiest NJ citizens. Because they're all itching to give me pay raises and benefits and have the economic situation of the state as a whole in mind
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Elaborate, por favor.
    Sorry, it was a bit of a snarky joke.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

Senior Member Array

Does anyone still go to the library anymore? Wouldn't the internet be a much more efficient place to find information?
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Does anyone still go to the library anymore? Wouldn't the internet be a much more efficient place to find information?
    The purpose of books isn't always to disseminate information.

Last time I checked, the selection of fiction on the internet sucked.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    451 sx/so
    ENFj Ni

It's not just a republican motivation. We lived in Minneapolis for a while (one of the most liberal cities) and many of their community libraries were closed. It is burned in my memory because it's so bizarre. Here I am walking my kids to the library for an afternoon of book fun, and we get to the doors and they're locked, and the sign says, "Library closed due to lack of funding." That's just wrong.
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

Governor Christie is a hero.

Comrades, I wish we could clone him and make him our governor here in the People's Republic of Illinois, where we have an insane 47% budget shortfall.

These kind, concerned, non-extreme, non-ideological Democrats, they just spend spend spend spend spend spend spend. They are truly the most warmly generous people in the world-- with other people's money, never their own.
    Wouldn't the internet be a much more efficient place to find information?
    Thank you!