User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Zimbabwe is referenced in the OP, it was also further discussed. It was the country i was talking about.
    I have a brother out in SA, we can talk about SA if you prefer.
    The OP was referencing ANC politicians citing Zimbabwe as an inspiration.

So, how would you "create and promote harmony" in South Africa?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Glad he's dead; from what I've heard it sounds more than anything that he was killed by hsi workers for treating them like shit, more than for his reprehensible political views.

Pretty disgusting to see the calls for "peace" from the S. African political leaders. While the majority of the population live in brutal poverty they are supposed to be "peaceful" to racist white landowners - and this is the supposed ex-leaders of the anti-apartheid movement in many cases saying this.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Zimbabwe achieved independence from white-minority rule approximately fifteen years before South Africa; why would you think that Zimbabwe entered a delayed "agitation-stage," but South Africa will not? The problems in Zimbabwe originated in the ruling party's inability to maintain a virtual monopoly on the black vote due to corruption, mismanagement, and rent-seeking practices, and their subsequent refusal lose power democratically. South Africa has never been tested in these regards.
    yes, but they are two different countries... what happens in one won't nessisarily happen in the other... that's my main point. South Africa has too much to lose globally speaking if it follows the path of Zimbabwe- it's much more a part of the global community, both politically and economically than Zimbabwe has ever been or (economically speaking) has the power to become. I think that the events in South Africa during the breakup of Apartheid rule were dramatic enough that people would be less inclined to relive them than what has occurred in Zimbabwe as well... I haven't seen nearly the mention of "necklacing" out of Zimbabwe... or any of the other completely disturbing acts of violence that you can read about

Zimbabwe has been utilized as a cautionary tale and referenced as a malign influence on South Africa, it is not the original topic under discussion. I was also discussing Zimbabwe as a tangent with whatever, but our own debate never shifted to Zimbabwe.
    You're the one who brought it up... I was merely discussing some horrible old man getting murdered and you responded to my statement with talk about Zimbabwe... I never intended to discuss it in the first place, it's a different kettle of fish in my mind

and @ tcda
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

The OP was referencing ANC politicians citing Zimbabwe as an inspiration.

So, how would you "create and promote harmony" in South Africa?
    I am not able to sort out south africas politics and uneven wealth distribution personally but hypothetically...
    land re-distribution would be a very good starting point. Finding ways to irrigate the arid land would also be high on the list. Also having a president that dosn't brag an ostentatious lifestyle and flaunt it in the faces of the populations desperately poor and needy peoples. There are so many things that could and should be done but as usual it always comes down to whom ever is in charge or power.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

^^^yep, land redistribution is the pressing issue, as in most third world countries.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

they have a land redistribution program in southern brazil where I was where if a large tract of land was owned by an absentee land owner the land was taken, some compensation was given and it was split up 40 acres for poor family... if the family could live on that land and sustain themselves for 7 or so years it was theirs to keep
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ

Notorious White Supremacist gets killed by his Black farm hands over pay dispute? Shocked, shocked, I say!

Whether you think the killing is justified or not, neo-Nazi gets into an argument with his Black farmhands, who are armed, while he is not-- Darwin Award should be forthcoming.

I have no sympathy for this fuck.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Guy View Post
    I have no sympathy for this fuck.
    I don't think anybody on this thread disagrees on that point.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

I am surprised why most of these white supremacist farmer's have not sold their farms and moved to the united states or europe or some other popular resort for nazi's, considering their own safety. These guys should reasonably have been dead earlier really, with the violence in south africa. White supremacist or not, they should not have murdered him over a payment dispute.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    I am surprised why most of these white supremacist farmer's have not sold their farms and moved to the united states or europe or some other popular resort for nazi's, considering their own safety. These guys should reasonably have been dead earlier really, with the violence in south africa. White supremacist or not, they should not have murdered him over a payment dispute.
    Arrogance.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"