User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Highly Logical. Safety should always be #1 priority and this is no exaggerated maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Most people in this country do not know how much is spent. Much less how many times more than our next closest competator.

Well if you take "the rest of the world" as the competitor then you are "losing" . So don't say silly things like this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Highly Logical. Safety should always be #1 priority and this is no exaggerated maneuver.
    It's logical to spend more money protecting something than on what it is you're trying to defend? In a time when you are not at all likely to need defense?
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    It's logical to spend more money protecting something than on what it is you're trying to defend? In a time when you are not at all likely to need defense?

I think that she or he was just being sarcastic.

Btw just if you call something defence that does not mean that it is actually a defence.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

If these pictures tell a 1000 words, 990 of them are faulty and manipulative.

First take a countries size, its wealth and its population in account, and many more aspects that are important for spending on defense material. Then make actual proper numbers that are relative to each countries status.

It's only natural that a country that is twice as wealthy, has twice as much population and covers twice as much territory will require much more resources in order to protect their population, belongings and territory. I wouldn't say by a factor of 2, but it'd be a whole lot more.

So if you compare UK and USA, UK may even exceed the USA in military spending, if you compare it properly.

Comparing countries like this is shallow and stupid.

Make some new numbers and post another picture. Maybe then I might be impressed. So far, these figures don't say much at all.

Anyhow, it'd require some proper research, there are a lot of aspects to consider when making a budget. And I don't claim to have a grasp of the true figures in comparison. But I do know for a fact these pictures are not even close. Looking at these pictures and saying USA is spending tons more than other countries is just proof you have a shallow view on what is really going on.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Where are they getting this money? Our income taxes? IRS? Fed Reserve?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    If these pictures tell a 1000 words, 990 of them are faulty and manipulative.

First take a countries size, its wealth and its population in account, and many more aspects that are important for spending on defense material. Then make actual proper numbers that are relative to each countries status.

It's only natural that a country that is twice as wealthy, has twice as much population and covers twice as much territory will require much more resources in order to protect their population, belongings and territory. I wouldn't say by a factor of 2, but it'd be a whole lot more.

So if you compare UK and USA, UK may even exceed the USA in military spending, if you compare it properly.

Comparing countries like this is shallow and stupid.

Make some new numbers and post another picture. Maybe then I might be impressed. So far, these figures don't say much at all.

Anyhow, it'd require some proper research, there are a lot of aspects to consider when making a budget. And I don't claim to have a grasp of the true figures in comparison. But I do know for a fact these pictures are not even close. Looking at these pictures and saying USA is spending tons more than other countries is just proof you have a shallow view on what is really going on.

I just said "Can I get a comment on this?" I am not making a point here.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

That's just my way of commenting. I assaulted the pictures and what they insinuate, not you. :P

Also, I didn't mention it in the post. But the amount of potential enemies is a huge factor in why USA spends that amount of money. USA is the number 1 country in the world that is a target of terrorism for example.

Anyways, like I said, my comment is that these figures don't mean anything. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    However if you take only 10% of that money and investit it in technology and science the country would truly become superior to everyone else on the long run.
    Err. A lot of "national defense" is invested in technology and science that is put to non-military applications later.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm sorry Fluffywolf but I just have to jump in here and say something.
    The U.S. is actually the twelfth poorest in the world (with number one being the poorest) out of 129 of the worlds countries. With 95.7% GDP owed to debt. That is the public sector (i.e. the population) but IDK how you want to interpret that info. And I'm sure the same probably goes for all the other countries, but a little something to think about you know? But I do support all of what you said. Your right though it just makes sense lol. Power is another topic though altogether, maybe it is that which we are trying to protect.

The Debt I got from here, Debt - external - Country Comparison - TOP 100

The GDP (Gross Domestic Product) from here, https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/us.html

The Ranking from here [List of National Debt by Country | Economics Blog

I took the debt from Top 100 site and divided it by the GDP from the CIA site, then looked at the List of National Debt site to see where we actually sit. (remember that I did not do this with all the 129 countries lol I simply used them where they were already)
    Feedback from anybody on this would be nice.
    Let The Revolution Begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]