User Tag List

First 12

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    There's nothing guerilla about what I said. The interesting thing to me about the article was the fact that they felt perfectly comfortable breaking in to people's houses, especially for such a stupid reason. I personally don't think that should be the case. Maybe people over there are ok with that, though.
    They were probably recent graduates who'd become cops and had a "great idea", have you seen "Hot Fuzz" with Simon Pegg, pretty true to life in some police squads (or even Frank Dribbin's Police Squad). The UK is funny people dont take care of their stuff, they dont have good boundaries and dont think too hard about privacy or things like that.

I would also say that the cops probably acted out of unmitigated or unreconstructed paternalism, there's a certain protective mindset among professionals which results in them believing that they have or should have free access and know better than most others. I mean a lot of them.

Like I say cultural differences.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    There's nothing guerilla about what I said. The interesting thing to me about the article was the fact that they felt perfectly comfortable breaking in to people's houses, especially for such a stupid reason. I personally don't think that should be the case. Maybe people over there are ok with that, though.
    So. Metamorphosis. Now you know: watch Hot Fuzz (with Simon Pegg) or your very own Frank Drebbin.

How the police operate in the UK will then be clearer to you.

BTW. If you like a bit of history, I can recommend Zulu. You will then know all about the British Army. Lucky fellow.

God Save The Queen!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Exeter Police accused of trespass after 'burgling' 50 homes | Mail Online

I dont trust the Mail but I heard about this on BBC Radio 4, I think its over stepping the mark, the state, or at least the police force, cant teach responsibility and it probably shouldnt anyway.

Not only does it confuse the role of agencies like social services, corrections and others its ineffective in this role and something pretty out of step with all limited/constitutional thinking which I think is basically sound.
    I don't know about "Hot Fuzz", but they probably watched too much "Beat the Burglar" where they got an ex-con to break into someone's home and ransack it while the home owners watched....and sometimes cried.
    That was a fun show.
    [YOUTUBE="THXc_FdOL34"]Beat the Burglar[/YOUTUBE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.