User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Very true. Mutual obliteration - back to the Cold War days, I guess.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    That's true. But there are a few tag teams that could pose a threat.

China + Russia maybe. They were doing war games together recently.

A China + Russia + Europe triple threat might be able to.

The U.S. would have a problem fighting a world war on two/three fronts, definitely. It would take pretty much every industrialized country in the world turning on us at once, though. Such WWE-esque Battle Royale situations fortunately do not happen in this day and age.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP

All you need to do is an airstrike on mayor US pipelines and oil routes and then wait =P

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

In the real world... there are a lot of scenarios in which the USA might be defeated. America suddenly deciding its goal is to blow up a third of the earth's population, or the EU, China, and Russia forming a surprise triple entente against the USA are not very plausible in the real world.

As for Israel... It's very small in area, with a small, concentrated population. Its technology is basically our own, so it doesn't have an advantage in that regard. The only thing it would having going for it is that defensive advantage. You might have heard that 75% of the time, the attacker wins in war, so that advantage might confuse you. The USA, however, has demonstrated through history that it is a pretty incompetent attacker.

But even with that advantage, Israel would be screwed for the simple reason that we are their main base of support. Their arm and their finances would be crippled by us going to war with them, and most importantly, we are the only thing protecting them in a world that mostly hates them. If we went to war with Israel, every Islamic country on earth would offer us aid. Some of them being right next to Israel and armed. Even if we tried to keep them from doing that, the flood gates would be open, and there's really little chance that we'd keep them from raiding the country the same time that we're trying to fight it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Such WWE-esque Battle Royale situations fortunately do not happen in this day and age.
    Things cans change, eras end and begin.

You think you're safe, and then Friday Night SmackDown comes out of nowhere...

MBTI
    ESFJ

Things cans change, eras end and begin.

You think you're safe, and then Friday Night SmackDown comes out of nowhere...

Sure they do, but the most likely change is that the U.S. gradually cedes its position as the world's superpower. If you aren't the big dog anymore, you have fewer people trying to knock you off. Personally, I can't wait for it, especially if this change is accompanied by a coordinate effort by the U.S. to reassert itself as a dynamic economic power and force for increased free trade for/with all countries.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    All you need to do is an airstrike on mayor US pipelines and oil routes and then wait =P
    Strategies and tactics, strategies and tactics. We implement strategies first, and without them, tactical usurpations are very very bad. Especially when the U.S. is like a tactical sleeping giant. Even an agitated sneeze could blow the rest of the world out of the way. But let's face it, the real wars aren't fought with guns; currency and supplies are the real shish-kebabs.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    In the real world... there are a lot of scenarios in which the USA might be defeated. America suddenly deciding its goal is to blow up a third of the earth's population, or the EU, China, and Russia forming a surprise triple entente against the USA are not very plausible in the real world.
    Well, elaborate then. And, do so with greater plausibility than the would-be triple entente.

Note that I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the inferred reliability of your statement; you just seem strangely confident in your capacity to discern advantageous - yet realistic - military scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    The U.S. would have a problem fighting a world war on two/three fronts, definitely. It would take pretty much every industrialized country in the world turning on us at once, though.
    Agreed.

Politics is like sports, but real.
    They're as real as anyone wants to make them. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if many of Israel's political issues could have been resolved better with a simple game between their rivals. Instead, they're hellbent on doing everything the messy way (as is everyone else there).

Besides that, they would kill less Palestinian kids too. Yay!

Don't mind me, I just dislike how they handle things.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Well, elaborate then. And, do so with greater plausibility than the would-be triple entente.

Note that I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the inferred reliability of your statement; you just seem strangely confident in your capacity to discern advantageous - yet realistic - military scenarios.
    I'm sorry, I'm slightly confused. Do what? What in particular do you want me to elaborate on without mentioning the triple entente?
    Go to sleep, iguana.