User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Seriously, what is it with priests and little boys?
    I think the ex-nazi pedophile sympathizer should step the f*ck down.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely

And just today we find out they have been sexually abusing the deaf in their care in Verona, Italy.

It's right throughout the world and we have barely heard from Catholic third world countries in Central and South America and the Philippines.

Although there is a huge scandal brewing in Mexico.

It's such a contradiction between their professed ideals and their practice.

But it is of course the expression of absolute power. And as we know, power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And what could be more absolute than their corruption.

But we have the antidote, liberal democracy, which is based on the limitation of power.

And liberal democracy has been successful in limiting power over slaves, over women and now over children.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I'm not catholic so feel I shouldn't respond to this (but I will). If it happened to my family I would call on the head of household to get his or her head out of the sand and take action. Then I would explain to them why they look that way, with gaunt face, sunken eyes, so forth. I would make it clear that it wasn't GOD that things inevitable. Then I would ask for forgiveness and, perhaps, a kiss on the head.

It's becoming apparent that we can't trust our institutions, and in particular we can't entrust our children to institutions.

And yet more and more children are being sent to church schools.

It's as though we know in our heads that our institutions are corrupt but we are voting with our children and sending them along to the same institutions.

It's quite a puzzle.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Why do you think people do that?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Religious institutions are creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why do you think people do that?
    I don't know but I think the disconnect is interesting. It is quite like cognitive dissonance.

I have heard people say that with all the publicity there is no safer place for children than a church school. And that is probably right.

But I suspect a large change is taking place and we haven't got our heads around it yet.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

This is why not only the Catholic church- but all churches need to be examined further on what exactly is occurring within their congregations. Religion on the whole can be a very driving force in life if used correctly, but it seems like all the wrong people are being set in positions of power, and ultimately are destroying what they originally set out to create and more.

This is one of the sickest things that I have ever heard, and If I had ever had a chance I would have beat the shit out of that old geezer. Taking advantage of anyone is wrong, but being in a position of power taking advantage of a child who also happens to be deaf is something that makes me want to kill.

Rant finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriash View Post
    being in a position of power taking advantage of a child who also happens to be deaf is something that makes me want to kill.
    Rather than kill, inform yourself with, "The History of Childhood", by Lloyd deMause and with, "For Your Own Good", by Alice Miller.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Rather than kill, inform yourself with, "The History of Childhood", by Lloyd deMause and with, "For Your Own Good", by Alice Miller.
    ...Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be sure to find a copy of each.