User Tag List

First 27353637

Another great Peter Schiff videoblog on the subject. Obamacare will indeed be an unmitigated disaster:

YouTube - Health Care Bill -- bad medicine & unconstititional

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    No, I hang out with people who have been downsized multiple times which is exactly why I voted for Obama. He may be full of crap, me may be incompetent, but at least he had the sense to hire a speech writer who knew what to say to people like me and doesn't think that poor are the people who make less than two million dollars a year like McCain. I fear to think how much worse things would be if he'd gotten into office.

Apparently we have plenty of money to kill people overseas, but not enough to help people who have been screwed over by decades of poor regulation.
    I'm sorry you were seduced by Obama. And I'm very sorry you apparently believed your choices were limited to two very poor candidates.

Very good history of how America fucked up healthcare:

“Moral Health Care vs. ‘Universal Health Care’” by Lin Zinser and Paul Hsieh

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Fecal, you've been spreading bullshit all thread long. Stop it.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Good article:
    Is There Any Worse Time the Health Care Bill Could Become Law? | Columns | theTrumpet.com by the Philadelphia Church of God

Is There Any Worse Time the Health Care Bill Could Become Law?
    March 23, 2010 | From theTrumpet.com

America’s economic future is on full display in Greece. Adding another massive government entitlement program is a great way to accelerate the timetable.
    Next time don't get your economic advice from the Philadelphia Church of God. lol

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm sorry you were seduced by Obama. And I'm very sorry you apparently believed your choices were limited to two very poor candidates.
    Did you see the part where I said the only thing I knew for sure was that he had a good speech writer? That's hardly what I'd call seduction. It's choice between the devil I know and someone who might or might not be a devil. Jury is still out on that, but as far as I'm concerned, the jury came back on McCain long ago and there was just no way in hell I'd think about voting for him.

My choices were limited to one horrible, horrible candidate and one candidate who had a good speech writer. I mean, unless I had the option to vote in a parallel universe or something . . . .
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Fecal, you've been spreading bullshit all thread long. Stop it.
    hence the name. at least he's on target with that.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTx

After thinking about it, my opinion on you guys finally voting in some measure of health care is that it's a good thing.

Not that the system being proposed itself is good. But to vote in a "good" system in one broad stroke given your system of politics would be more or less impossible. In the health care industry there's a lot of money vested in holding the course, so the more you change the more people you annoy. Ergo, the best option in the long term is to accept an imperfect solution in the short term and make the babystep just to crack that nut. From there it's easier to adjust the system than to overhaul it.

I'd say Obama had some balls to shoehorn that thing through. It would've been a tough sell for either party in any situation. It'll be a few decades until the true costs and benefits really come to light though.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

When an article is that long, but that incorrect at so many points, it's difficult to provide a critique.

EDIT: Oh, and this gets my vote as the best line in the article:

As to the question of how those who cannot afford medical care will receive it, we must bear in mind that government is not taking care of them now and is logically incapable of ever doing so, for the simple reason that government does not and cannot produce goods or services.
    We are talking about the USA right? For a second, it sounded like you were talking about Somalia. I'm pretty sure the government provides services here in America. I could be wrong, though. I may have hallucinated all of those roads and police officers.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ yes, there's just so much wrong about that article, where to begin? No wonder no one knows what information to trust, what is taken out of context, what is irrelevant?

As one example, I have already disproven that Canadians "regularly" access US health care - but that's conveniently overlooked, and the rhetoric spews on ...

The problem with most of these articles is that they are looking up their own a**holes to try to sound relevant and intelligent about the health care dilemma.

Or, like the blindfolded men each trying to describe what an elephant looks like:

O how they cling and wrangle, some who claim
    For preacher and monk the honored name!
    For, quarreling, each to his view they cling.
    Such folk see only one side of a thing.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    ― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching