User Tag List

First 223031323334 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Yes, this is exactly the attitude and mind-set that I'm talking about. Thank you for illustrating my point.
    You're welcome. I'm happy to defend the ones I care about by pointing out the ones who seek to do them harm.

They're still egotistical jerks, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Without being able to look around the world and objectively evaluate what works and doesn't work, no matter the political ideologies of the country examined, how can the health care crisis possibly be solved to both accommodate the needs of free enterprise and facilitate the health care of the most vulnerable in our society?
    There are no developed countries with free-market health care systems. Comparison shopping works if your goal is to chose among existing options. If you wish to hypothesize WRT free-market health care, you are going to have to use models--other sectors of the economy which are substantially more free, other areas of medicine (veterinary medicine, LASIK, etc), known history and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Implied? Come on. We're in the middle of the worst recession most of us have seen, or ever will see. People have a very tangible reason to be upset with Wall Street.
    Yes and no. People have a "right to be angry" at white collar criminals on WS, but the actions of those criminals are absolutely trivial in the big scheme of things; WS is being used as a convenient scapegoat by Obama and fiends in order to divert you from paying attention to the real causes of Great Depression II: The Fed and massive deficit spending/borrowing/lending, facilitated by The Fed.

Obama's push for "financial refrom" is more smoke and mirrors which will accomplish nothing substantive aside from CYA while the Fed does more of the same.

Remember, magicians depend on distraction. They need to divert your attention away from what is important and get you focus it on something bright, sparkly, and meaningless.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Yes and no. People have a "right to be angry" at white collar criminals on WS, but the actions of those criminals are absolutely trivial in the big scheme of things; WS is being used as a convenient scapegoat by Obama and fiends in order to divert you from paying attention to the real causes of Great Depression II: The Fed and massive deficit spending/borrowing/lending, facilitated by The Fed.

Obama's push for "financial refrom" is more smoke and mirrors which will accomplish nothing substantive aside from CYA while the Fed does more of the same.

Remember, magicians depend on distraction. They need to divert your attention away from what is important and get you focus it on something bright, sparkly, and meaningless.
    Your posts are like Republican party mad libs. Why even bother regurgitating this tired rhetoric? Do you honestly believe what you're typing? Only someone who didn't know what they were talking about would believe the issue is this simple.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Your posts are like Republican party mad libs. Why even bother regurgitating this tired rhetoric? Do you honestly believe what you're typing? Only someone who didn't know what they were talking about would believe the issue is this simple.
    You, too, are not living in reality. The GOP has been as dependent upon massive deficit spending and easy credit as have the democrats, if not more so. Even today, very few members of congress want to examine the elephant in the room, and those that do do not divide on party lines.

Barney Frank on HR 1207, Ron Pauls Bill to Audit the Federal Reserve

June 17, 2009

Earlier this week, Congressman Barney Frank, the Chairman of the House Banking Committee, sent the following email to a Ron Paul supporter:

Dear Ms. _______,

Thank you for expressing your support for H.R. 1207. I have told Ron Paul, with whom I have worked closely on a number of issues, that I agree with the general thrust of his bill and I am planning to see that we take action on this subject in the committee which I chair. There have already been some moves forward in increasing the transparency of the Federal Reserve, and I agree that there are further steps we can take. I cannot at this point tell you exactly how I think we should proceed, but I will be in the next few weeks meeting with the chairs of the subcommittees who have jurisdiction over this matter, as well as with Representative Paul, to plan a course of action that will result in much more openness with regard to the activities of the Federal Reserve. I also intend when this current crisis is over to seek an amendment to the law which was passed in 1932 and signed by Herbert Hoover, which gives the Federal Reserve vast powers to lend money to any entity in America which it deems sufficiently collateralized whenever the Federal Reserve thinks there are exigent circumstances. I do believe that the Federal Reserve is exercising that power with some good effects recently, but it is not a power that should exist in a democratic society in the hands of an entirely unelected entity and I will be working next year to put some restraints on this power as well.

BARNEY FRANK

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Your posts are like Republican party mad libs. Why even bother regurgitating this tired rhetoric? You can't honestly believe what you're typing.
    I'm still in awe over the Republican side of the debate. It's just ridiculous.

The economical stuff only makes me facepalm a couple of times a day...
    It's the views on people that really scares me/makes me want to vomit.
    In some regards, it's even less people-friendly than Nazism.
    "Christian" Right my ass. They give a good nation a bad name.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Fecal McAngry: Your post does not support your previous argument.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Fecal McAngry: Your post does not support your previous argument.
    Of course it does. The problem is not WS. WS is a symptom of the problem. Trying to regulate WS in order to avert a recurrence of artificially inflated bubbles bursting is a bit like trying to improve the health of an AIDS patient who is suffering from lipodystrophy by injecting fat under his skin.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Maybe I read that wrong, but didn't that post just indicate that two highly disparate congressman, Barney Frank and Ron Paul, were both interested in making the fed less powerful and more transparent?

How would that be in line with your conspiratorial accusations at all?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Maybe I read that wrong, but didn't that post just indicate that two highly disparate congressman, Barney Frank and Ron Paul, were both interested in making the fed less powerful and more transparent?

How would that be in line with your conspiratorial accusations at all?
    You can read, right?

very few members of congress want to examine the elephant in the room, and those that do do not divide on party lines.