User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

I wonder how many here would have flipped out whether or not the bill passed...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I am Canadian; hear me roar!
    Canada: Leading the World in being Just North of the United States.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Canada: Leading the World in being Just North of the United States.
    Well... From there it starts going south, if you catch my drift

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    This is disgusting.

It's all the same vomit chewed over and over again.
    Yep. Pretty much. The non-Americans still don't get the fact that people who live in America WANT to live in America, and if we wanted to live in Europe or Australia bad enough, we could move there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Preface: I'm being a Big Jerk and neglecting to read the previous 19 pages of posts before making my own post.

At any rate, if anyone opposed to the bill can offer a cogent explanation for his or her opposition, I'd be interested to read it. (And no, I'm not being sarcastic.)
    If you actually DO read the previous pages, you will see that a few people already did this. Halla74 probably had the best one. I didn't elaborate on my "emotional reaction" but the #1 reason I'm opposed to it is the ridiculous provision that makes it a CRIME to not buy health insurance.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yep. Pretty much. The non-Americans still don't get the fact that people who live in America WANT to live in America, and if we wanted to live in Europe or Australia bad enough, we could move there.
    They must think we are insane, like those who miss the Soviet Union.

Oberon

Not to mention feeling the need to critique how the U.S. runs itself. Yeah... thanks, guys... no, really. We appreciate all the advice.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    After managing the actuarial services contract for 5 years of the nation's largest Medicaid programs, there are not alot of dirty tricks I am not aware of regarding health care rate setting policies and practices, and general guidelines of plan profits.

The health care bill that passed is hardly what our nation needed.

The poor and chronically ill get HMO-level health care from Medicare and Medicaid with low deductibles.

Do you know what would happen if they tried to slap a standard indemnituy policy on the recipients of an entitlement program? Total political chaos and all elected officials that voted for that thrown out of office, that's what.

So, how are we expected to be thankful that we got slapped with a mandatory shitty level of care that we can be fined for if we don't carry?

Employers are just going to pass the buck for having to ensure compensation plans are sufficient for individuals to carry that burden, thus making products/services more expensive for consumers and businesses alike, and providiing even more energy for the uptick of inflation.

The simplest solution would have been to allow uninsured individuals to "buy-in" to their state's Medicaid HMO system. They would receive a good managed care policy with a monthly rate between $100-$200 (about 80% of each state's population) and NO DEDUCTIBLES as experienced in an indemnity plan.

This would not even hurt the private sector, as the plans that participate are private carriers that also have a Medicaid HMO product, whose enrollment would increase over current/historical levels, and thus increase cash flow and profitability consider the residual nature of mandatory enrollment for all citizens.

But that would be too easy. There would be no opportunity to earmark funds for bridges, junkets, or other common pork barrel items if we did it that way. Heaven help us if we as a nation ever listen to common sense.
    By far the best post of this thread.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Not to mention feeling the need to critique how the U.S. runs itself. Yeah... thanks, guys... no, really. We appreciate all the advice.
    Americans tend to say these things only when they feel the country is a threat to us...

Then again, Europeans and Australians have completely differently structured brains, right?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

As an American, I have not tried to speak for you. I request that you do not attempt to speak for me.

If you actually DO read the previous pages, you will see that a few people already did this. Halla74 probably had the best one. I didn't elaborate on my "emotional reaction" but the #1 reason I'm opposed to it is the ridiculous provision that makes it a CRIME to not buy health insurance.
    In Australia, it's a minor offense to not vote! But these things don't bother me at all. The main thing that unnerves me about this bill is that it mandates insurance but doesn't have a public option. That's all that really bothers me. It shocked me when I heard that, and I concede it may be a problem. As often happens in politics, we may be looking at a compromise which is ultimately worse than all or nothing. But I hope that's not the case.

Please, just ban references to the USSR here. There is very little meaningful similarity between the developed nations and the USSR.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    As an American, I have not tried to speak for you. I request that you do not attempt to speak for me.
    So, are you saying you don't want to live in America?

Boat leaves in a few hours, dude. Hop on.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel