User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default French Woman kills 6 of her own newborns...

...and gets only 15 years in prison. WTF!? :steam:

French court convicts woman of killing 6 newborns - Yahoo! News

To clarify, I don't think this case is necessarily indicative of the French Justice system as a whole (she was legally eligible for life imprisonment, unlike mass-murderers in certain other countries that couldn't be jailed for more than 25 years), but what was that prosecutor smoking?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

In the Netherlands she'd prolly get 12 years and 'TBS'. And it wouldn't be odd if she'd get out around 6 years. TBS (Terbeschikkingstelling) literally means "To be available (to the government)", but it's basicly a psycho clinic.

Anyways, law is a bit different here than in the US. :p
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Stranger still, if she'd just terminated their lives a few weeks earlier, she wouldn't even have a criminal record. She must be insane, therefore she shouldn't have been sent to prison at all. But she ought to be sterilised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah she sounds pretty crazy. 15 years will be hard time for her as female prisoners tend to be harsh on baby killers. With abortions such as partial birth abortions relatively easily available its difficult to clearly see the arbitrary line in the sand within the worlds culture of death.

They gots to keep them fertility drugs out of the hands of the crazies.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Anyways, law is a bit different here than in the US. :p
    Yeah, but this prosecutor doesn't have the excuse of being constrained by massively fucked-up sentencing guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Stranger still, if she'd just terminated their lives a few weeks earlier, she wouldn't even have a criminal record. She must be insane, therefore she shouldn't have been sent to prison at all. But she ought to be sterilised.
    I don't know about France in particular, but I think most European countries have stricter abortion laws than the United States, usually making abortion past the third month (much less the seventh or eighth month) illegal.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post

I don't know about France in particular, but I think most European countries have stricter abortion laws than the United States, usually making abortion past the third month (much less the seventh or eighth month) illegal.
    Way to miss the point.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Way to miss the point.
    Fair enough; in response to your point, I don't think the availability of abortion should be a sufficient criteria for people to avoid a murder rap through an insanity plea-you might as well just not make infanticide illegal.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Fair enough; in response to your point, I don't think the availability of abortion should be a sufficient criteria for people to avoid a murder rap through an insanity plea-you might as well just not make infanticide illegal.
    Or make abortion illegal. :horor:

What possible explanation can there be other than insanity? Does she just like being pregnant, or something (she must have been permanently so during the 2000-2007 period)? In which case sterilization would be punitive as well as protective. I don't see what benefit locking this woman up for an extended period of time will have for society. She isn't a danger to the public, why should she be a drain on resources? To discourage the practice of serial post-natal infanticide? Bit of a stretch.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

...and gets only 15 years in prison.
    It's strange. Six murders, seems sane, undermines the point/s of the Law really. Even without pre-meditation it's very short.

Similar case: BBC NEWS | Europe | German convicted over baby deaths

Eight newborns killed, 15 years sentenced.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You have to read it right, its a bureaucracy thing. 15 years is the maximum sentence one can stay in prison, when convicted with a life sentence. After that time one has the opportunity to ask for probation, which will be declined in this case. And then after 25 years one has served the maxium sentence there is and after that one will go into preventive detention, which can go on till the end of ones life.

So she will never see daylight again, the formulation of 15 years is just a bureaucracy thing that even applies to baby killers, cause the foundation sentence of a democracy is "Under the law everyone shall be treated equally" :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]