User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INTj

Thanks for your input.

Do you have any comments associated with the OP?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Thanks for your input.

Do you have any comments associated with the OP?
    Well, I had made some, and then this crazy primate came in and drew so much of the attention that the words of all others seemed to fall into a well of silence. You should have seen it.

EDIT: I apologize. It seems I did not realize the situation correctly. It turns out that the simian had already brachiated his way here before I got my two cents in.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Ginkgo

I like how Ape got banned. Let's do it again sometime.

It was kind of like how Pluto was expelled from our solar system as a planet, except Pluto served a greater utility to mankind than Ape did to the forum.

Sorry, not to derail. Carry on.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post

Human rights are an invention of civilization, by minds far far removed from their natural states, after breeding many many generations in captivity(civilization).

Trapped in the woods, looking at trees, unable to see the forest
    What you are trying to pass as "natural laws" is in fact Nazism.

And this is not a Godwin Point, since your rhetoric is EXACTLY Nazi.
    Not far right. Not fascist: Nazi.
    Even the most severe social eugenists of the early XXth century never described "civilization" the way you did. Only Nazis did.

Blut und Boden: -> "Aber auf welcher Seite stehen solche Merkmale in dem Kampf zwischen Blut und Boden um die innere Form einer verpflanzten" Tier- oder Menschenart?" (Oswald Spengler)
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    Absolute Compassion versus Idiot Compassion

"Absolute compassion is seeing the situation as it is, directly and thoroughly. If you have to be tough,you just do it. Idiot compassion contains a sort of opium - constantly trying to be good and kind. Absolute compassion is more literal, more discriminating and more definitive. You are willing to hurt somebody, even though you don't want to hurt that person, but in order wake that person up, you might have to hurt him or her,you might have to inflict pain."

Chogyum Trungpa Rinpoche

There is a severe over population problem in Haiti that needs to be addressed or the suffering will only get worse, generation to generation.

Yes, help them with water, but mass sterilization must be considered.

If animals were living in such misery, it would be considered inhumane to play the cat lady.

Timid morality is the root cause of these peoples suffering

Idiot compassion often lays the seeds for great suffering.
    I'm just going to hop on board this sinking ship as if Ape was still here.

Undoing the definition of compassion also undoes what it means to be human - that is, maintaining the ability to disassociate yourself and place yourself in another's shoes. This is empathy, this is a primary element of sustenance of our species.

When you ambiguate such a function of human thought, you dehumanize the subject. Suddenly the human subject becomes and object that doesn't hold the worth of a remnant of bacon.

Which is exactly what the Nazis, Zionists, and many many other parties did to the Jews. The Nazis were completely unjustified - they just needed a donkey to pin the tail on in order to rise in power.

So I think we should disambiguate "compassion", because there is only one compassion. Everything is is mitigated.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    Which is exactly what the Nazis, Zionists, and many many other parties did to the Jews.
    I'm sorry, but what the word "Zionist" is doing in this sentence?
    Can you explain it, I don't understand?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    That is an excellent question. One I have no answer for, because my first inclination is to say s/he who can, but then really, who decides? Why them? I don't want the responsibility of deciding the life and death of any being, in all honesty. I'd imagine many wouldn't either.

What are your thoughts, if you don't mind my asking?
    It depends on how you define "rights". That term has a different meaning to different people, depending on if they view rights in a positive or negative sense.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Thought i'd bump this as it appears to have been *Ahem* missed...

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Has anyone even noticed that the donate link is going through a "Temple" which is asking for 134 dollars donation for each bottle when the cost to the public is 99 dollars per bottle + one for charity at an extra 59 dollars so 2 lifesaver bottles = approx 159 (The Lifesaver Bottle).
    I would hazard a guess that a charity will get a rather good discount on them, also this Temple dosn't state what percentages go to the charity. I could be wrong but i can't find all the info i'm looking for, just seems a bit suspect.
    OP please correct me if i am mistaken

*I think the water system is genius and to be honest i don't give a hoot which organization is taking up the cause as long as they are not eating up the cash and ramming religion down peoples throats saying it's a gift from a/any particualar God/s because it's not it's from public donation
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"