User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ExTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    Even if you had good things to say, they are negated by the drama of this statement. You must know that?

Mass sterilization would be an atrocity of human rights, period.
    So ending the suffering of others, is submissive to upholding Western academia created theoretical human rights?

Others may suffer, so that those who can, can revel in their abstract moral superiority

Idiot compassion in action

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    The major root cause is a debt the Haiti was forced to pay France for the island's freedom. The debt was created by the French counting every living thing and asset on the island, giving it a price and then France demanding payment or they would block Haitis acceptance into the world community. The debt was in the 10's of billions in today's money terms and the Haitians payed it for many generations, sometimes the debt payments being more than 20% of the countries expenditures. The payments ended relatively recently( I could be wrong on exact details, as I am writing from memory, too lazy to research)

French colonialism and it's mass shakedown doomed Haiti before it even got out of the gate
    Yes, I know this.

Haiti promised 230m as Nicolas Sarkozy visits former colony | World news | guardian.co.uk

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Ape, you have a very dismal, small-minded view of the world.
    Well, it's a statement that's either right or wrong. It's not a matter of "view" unless he's incorrect.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Banned
    MBTI
    ExTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Ape, you have a very dismal, small-minded view of the world.
    Do not attack the messenger, but instead attack the message, other wise you will get a cyber spanking from The Powers That Be

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

So ending the suffering of others, is submissive to upholding Western academia created theoretical human rights?

Others may suffer, so that those who can, can revel in their abstract moral superiority

Could somebody *please* find a video of Walter saying, "No, Donny; these men are nihilists; they're nothing to be afraid of..."?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

And, fyi, Ape: I'm not some liberal, hippie, "world improver" douchebag.

I studied economics in college, and have been a libertarian since high school.

I'm also fully versed in nihilistic discourse (check the username), and your message sounds like that of a very immature 19-year old form of myself.

The fact of the matter is that this product, via just $20B in (charitable) spending, could bring 3.5 billion people clean drinking water on a daily basis.

Grow up.

The thing is, reproduction is a human right. That is what keeps our species alive. To force sterilization upon people is... *sigh*

Propagation of our species, is a right. It just is, you don't have to like it, or agree with it.

Even though I did come off with a possibly "morally superior" tone, I apologize.

All I'm saying is that you cannot sit behind your cozy computer and dictate who on this planet should be able to reproduce. That to me, seems to be screaming moral superiority.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

To force sterilization upon people is... *sigh*
    wait, why
    is it this thing about how they should sterilize people under 100 iq to counterbalance civilization shortcircuiting natural selection and stuff ?

Well, a cool possibility would be to colonize a new planet with smartasses and have them come back in their scary spaceships a thousand years later and enslave humanity under the rule of the Benevolant Overlordship

That'd be the humane solution (by humane I mean acting moral on short term to feel good about ourselves whatever the price is in the long run)

*facts are purely random*

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    All of that is a problem, but then, Haiti also has the smaller, crappier part of the island.

I dunno, that looks like a primo bay for developing all sorts of high-end luxury resorts, replete with sports fishing, sailing, yachting, snorkling, scuba diving and booze-cruising possibilities to me. It's all in how you spin it...

You make me king of Haiti, and in 20 years, that place'd be poppin'!

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    wait, why
    is it this thing about how they should sterilize people under 100 iq to counterbalance civilization shortcircuiting natural selection and stuff ?
    Yes, that's what his comment reminded me of.

Well, a cool possibility would be to colonize a new planet with smartasses and have them come back in their scary spaceships a thousand years later and enslave humanity under the rule of the Benevolant Overlordship

That'd be the humane solution (by humane I mean acting moral on short term to feel good about ourselves whatever the price is in the long run)
    Oh yes, I saw that movie... in the 90's. Or they just wanted us to think it was a movie. So that when the takeover was complete humans were none the wiser but thoroughly entertained... *eyes EcK suspiciously*

*facts are purely random*
    You know I love your "facts."
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau