User Tag List

MBTI
    enfp

Default Why Would Health Reform Pass? Its Impossible!

So think about it... you pay less BUT!

1) Doctors make less
    2) hospitals make less
    3) insurance companies make less
    4) laboratories make less
    5) congressmen make less (assuming all health reform is done and over with, and unhappy healthcare lobbyists also will pay less)

I mean, come on. Damm near impossible. there's no way it can happen the way the US is set up to operate. sure there are real inefficiencies that can be gotten rid of, but there is just wayyyyyy too many industries that are much more organized and powerful that make pretty much game over.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

It's pretty bleak. You've mainly listed the conditions that have already kept us from having a modern healthcare system for as long as we have.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It's pretty bleak. You've mainly listed the conditions that have already kept us from having a modern healthcare system for as long as we have.
    yeah...

its sad, but i mean, i think its even more sad that people think that people's discussion matters more than money funded discussions... and its even more sad that no one can do anything about that... its like... the computer program that punishes you for disobeying...

anyways... at some point, i guess you just have to come to terms with a feeling of helplessness. i am okay with coming up with an intelligently debated conclusion... its the helplessness of a correct solution never being implemented because of powerful money driven propoganda that is much harder to come to terms with... but i can kind of come to terms with that as long as i think okay to control people's minds if you have money...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

There's an easy solution to the healthcare problem.

Stop using the thieving system. They never really cure anybody anyway...they just make whatever condition you have "chronic."

n' rake in a ton of money pushing pills that create other problems your body never even considered.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

It will pass.

And pretty much all of that 1 - 5 list is untrue. Hospitals benefit because less people will be using the emergency room as their only health provider. Insurance companies get to put 30 million more people on their rolls, but also preexisting condition ripoffs will be banned. Doctors get more people to treat, and more doctors will be produced.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Ask your grandparents (especially if they are older like 80+) about healthcare before health insurance. When my grandmother had my mom, she stayed in the hospital for one week. The entire hospital bill was $70, and the entire doctor's bill was $80.

Adjusted for inflation, the math is:

$70.00 in 1946 had about the same buying power as $830.57 in 2010.

Annual inflation over this period was about 3.94%.
    Inflation Calculator - Value of a Dollar over Time

Now, if you stayed in the hospital for one week in 2010 do you think you would be paying $830? You wouldn't even pay $8,300, it would be closer to $80,300.

Root cause? Well, everyone blames everyone else. I would just like to add a group of people that no one mentions, that are really making a killing in the healthcare industry: colleges. Doctors complain that they don't make enough money, even though many make $300,000 or more annually (this is according to the job openings I've seen posted at a local small-town hospital over the past year), to repay their student loans. Where does it all start? It all starts with a person's decision to become a doctor, which means a bazillion years of college at outrageously inflated tuition rates. If we really want to reform healthcare, let's start with our institutions of higher learning.

Healthcare is expensive because of shortages. Shortages of equipment and doctors. So, let's make college very cheap for doctors, even cheaper than for philosophy majors for example (as far as I know no philosophy major ever saved anyone's life by removing their appendix!) so that there are tens of thousands of unemployed doctors in the country because we have so many doctors coming out our ears that doctors are paid about as much as grocery store bagboys because of the law of supply and demand.

Nationalizing healthcare isn't the answer, but hitting it over the head with a big 'old supply and demand mallet may get the industry to rethink its ways...

Sorry if what I said doesn't make sense according to whatever bill is currently in play; like Pelosi says, "We have to pass the bill so the American people can know what's in it."

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Hospitals benefit because less people will be using the emergency room as their only health provider.
    And why aren't hospitals then devoting 90% of their resources to the emergency room if that's the case? Instead, they send their lobbyists to the hill to paint an ugly picture to try to get Congress to funnel patients through their money-making doors instead of their emergency room doors. One more reason why I havent' quite wrapped my head around the entire healthcare debate; the actual reality of it is quite a bunch of gobbledy-gook...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Whatever happens be sure that the health insurance companies will win in the long run and the consumer/taxpayer will suffer.

They bribe/lobby both sides so they will either win "no health reform/ business as usual" (we are familiar with this con, of paying overpriced insurance which works fine until you get sick) or "health reform" laws requiring everyone to pay for insurance without a public option and a bunch of other goodies like insurance corporate tax breaks/government subsidies/tort reform to encourage malpractice (antitrust scenario with no real competition rather a choice between the same ol brothers within the Cabal).
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"