First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    So they differ from the US culture in a way that they favor listening over presenting?

Since they are ISTJ, they must value power and prestige much less and be more leisurely, yet at the same time meticulous planners, though not quite as bad as their extroverted counterpart?
    Power as in "I'm the boss" is valued. Power as in "mwahahahahaaa look at how I can push the little people around" is not often wanted or appreciated.

Meticulous planners, oh hell yeah. It's painful the amount of paperwork and stuff that is associated with every action. You want to add a bunch of people to a social groups bank account.. you turn up with signed letter and their passports and the bank tells you "sorry but you could have nicked them, we can't help you, you'll have to bring them all in together"! Not always feasable and yet they won't flex.

Oh and raise a stink about something in a resteraunt over here and your as likely to get kicked out as placated. It depends upon how reasonable you are and they feel.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Oh and raise a stink about something in a resteraunt over here and your as likely to get kicked out as placated. It depends upon how reasonable you are and they feel.
    Not sure if I see the connection of this with ISTJ. Maybe with SJs in general, but in this case this should be more of a problem with the US, as the ESTJ is more of a typical SJ. Though you may still have a point, ISTJs do take more pride in their homes than ESTJs. Is this what you were getting at?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Not sure if I see the connection of this with ISTJ. Maybe with SJs in general, but in this case this should be more of a problem with the US, as the ESTJ is more of a typical SJ. Though you may still have a point, ISTJs do take more pride in their homes than ESTJs. Is this what you were getting at?
    I believe that it's considered okay to complain in the USA, here it has to be done with care. Overstep your margin and you'll be frowned upon and recieve less assistance.

I suppose your biggest clue is the sports. Over here even the top cup match does not recieve the kind of fanfare which is set up at the superbowl. That kind of show just wouldn't happen over here. We'd get embarrased!!

Oh and your other clue would be related to how the brits are well known to be sexually repressed. Not exactly an E thing, in general that is.

MBTI
    INXP

I believe that it's considered okay to complain in the USA, here it has to be done with care. Overstep your margin and you'll be frowned upon and recieve less assistance.

I suppose your biggest clue is the sports. Over here even the top cup match does not recieve the kind of fanfare which is set up at the superbowl. That kind of show just wouldn't happen over here. We'd get embarrased!!

Oh and your other clue would be related to how the brits are well known to be sexually repressed. Not exactly an E thing, in general that is.
    We also need to know which type is most likely to start any sort of manual labour/construction activity, by brewing a cup of tea, opening the newspaper and sitting still for the first day (at least).

-Geoff

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZtufJd4XZo

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

So them being sports crazy points a finger at their ISTJ-home pride mentality?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    We also need to know which type is most likely to start any sort of manual labour/construction activity, by brewing a cup of tea, opening the newspaper and sitting still for the first day (at least).

-Geoff
    Oh hell yeah.

Will you be mother?
    Errm, considering the quote which this is in reply to, I'm not sure I should even try to open this at work

MBTI
    INXP

It's actually quite an interesting question. Many types and societies exhibit tribalism, and sports following en masse is the most widespread modern day equivalent. I wonder which MBTI Cultural type is most likely to....

-Geoff

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    It's actually quite an interesting question. Many types and societies exhibit tribalism, and sports following en masse is the most widespread modern day equivalent. I wonder which MBTI Cultural type is most likely to....

-Geoff

Well, tribalism by definition means a collectivist mentality, which is quite SJish. In fact Extroversion is a more collectivist mentality than introversion, so tribalism is more ESJs than ISJish. I'd say ESFJ is the most tribal mentality there is. But again ESFJ nations are not so absorbed in sports as England, so it has to be something other than tribalism that makes them go crazy off it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

What? Your asking a question whilst quoting my answer and yet the question is relating to things not in the answer?

Am I confusing you or are you confusing me ?

Anyhow, yes very much home pride. Try insulting yorkshire and see how quickly mkobrien is there with something nasty for the offender

Mind you he's a traitor cause he supports Liverpool, there's some flangy reason but basically it's cause his home side's lose lots

So yes home pride in the teams and the territory but no large flashy displays with some dolled up flavour of the weak singing their latest interpretation of the national anthem. It's the national anthem. I think you'd get flogged for singing your newest revamp!