User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 43

  1. #1

    Default Will Charles ever be King?

    I dont like voicing this because as a British Citizen i am supposed to be loyal to Queen but i also don't want to walk around with the thought in my head for ever & a day without voicing it.

    By any standard it has been a long reign.

    1)At one time a king or queen had to maintain the throne against hostile threats this age has now passed.
    2)Due to advances in medicine & diet people live longer so reigns aren't cut short as much as they used to be.

    Is it really fair in this day & age to have an eternal grip if the Throne has a path from the past.

    I am not slandering the Queen she has had a long & good reign i just want to see the King.

    Should good common ethics be in place with some sort of period of reign set?

  2. #2
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    The Loyal Opposition

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayeaye View Post
    I dont like voicing this because as a British Citizen i am supposed to be loyal to Queen but i also don't want to walk around with the thought in my head for ever & a day without voicing it.

    By any standard it has been a long reign.

    1)At one time a king or queen had to maintain the throne against hostile threats this age has now passed.
    2)Due to advances in medicine & diet people live longer so reigns aren't cut short as much as they used to be.

    Is it really fair in this day & age to have an eternal grip if the Throne has a path from the past.

    I am not slandering the Queen she has had a long & good reign i just want to see the King.

    Should good common ethics be in place with some sort of period of reign set?
    The Queen has been ordained by God so only God can remove her.

    Politicians though are chosen by the People so the People can remove a politician and do.

    And being ordained by God the Queen ensures no politician can be Head of State or Commander-in-Chief.

    And although our Prime Minister can never be our Head of State or Commander-in-Chief, the Queen always graciously accepts his Advice.

    So the Queen is our guarantor of liberal democracy based on the limitation of power. And in this case, the limitation of the power of the Prime Minister.

    And fortunately God and the Constitution are in agreement and Her son will succeed her.

    And you are right, we live in an Elizabethan Age even more wonderful than the first.

    Victor.
    A loyal Subject and a member of the Loyal Opposition.

  3. #3
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXs8OS6EdAE"]ROAR[/YOUTUBE]

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The Queen has been ordained by God so only God can remove her.

    Politicians though are chosen by the People so the People can remove a politician and do.

    And being ordained by God the Queen ensures no politician can be Head of State or Commander-in-Chief.

    And although our Prime Minister can never be our Head of State or Commander-in-Chief, the Queen always graciously accepts his Advice.

    So the Queen is our guarantor of liberal democracy based on the limitation of power. And in this case, the limitation of the power of the Prime Minister.

    And fortunately God and the Constitution are in agreement and Her son will succeed her.

    And you are right, we live in an Elizabethan Age even more wonderful than the first.

    Victor.
    A loyal Subject and a member of the Loyal Opposition.
    What happens if Charles dies first? this makes your answer slightly silly.

    What if God doesn't exist? although he does.But if you don't believe it a counter argument to that could be made.

    I never asked about politicians i am quite aware of democracy, but thanks for the update

    so basically your saying no change can ever be made even though in other countries royalty has been totally disbanded. so why didn't God simply come down and place them back on the throne?

    I forgot what i actually initially said but i am sure i wasn't advocating anything. I just asked will Charles ever be king. You must have spoken to God then to know he will succeed her, wow what else did he say?

    so basically a fairer system can never be found because God who you spoke to banned it. Am i allowed to beg her to retire or will you assinate me or whatever?

    Am i allowed to also speak to God & see if he has changed his mind or are you banning that?

    Can Diana be a saint or did the Queen & God tell you no? Do i have to ask the Pope i am biting my lip.

    so basically if we get to the point where people live to 1000 years plus, Charles has to wait 1000 years unless a random hits him. Wow your clever to already have thought of this.

    wow your in real contact, i am so glad he already told you of all the possibilities i am just confused why he made you say irrelevant things?

    you are taking the piss with the victor thing.wow your smug when i am just pondering.

    Was it the Almighty or Jesus you spoke to?

    can he just be King of Wales or are you forever opposing that?

    shut the fuck up about Elizabethan comparisons, you are so smug i want to swear at you.

    please reply so i can make sense of what God is saying myself, i just want to put the thought to bed.

    Its nice you are loyal but please put forth a better argument based on common sense please.

  5. #5
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    I think they should make prince William king and institute a rule that no one can be king or queen after the age of 65 if there is any formal heir over twenty.

    William would actually make a good ruler if feudalism ever returned.
    Nothing against the Queen, but she is a bit old. That goes for Prince Charles, too.
    I like the guy, like I have a healthy respect for most good-natured military men.
    But too old.

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  6. #6
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayeaye View Post
    ...
    I don't think Victor believes in God in the same way that he is patronizing. I think he is saying that the Queen cannot be removed because an ineffable criteria for the throne has been set. However, I personally think that without this criteria, whether it be instated by a monarchy, democracy, or anarchy, a kind of barbarism always ensues because animalistic imbalance becomes substituted for humanistic structure. But even in the "godly", we find animalistic imbalances when we condemn each other for not being godly. The only answer is to respect each other as equals because humans are immeasurable.

  7. #7
    Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I think they should make prince William king and institute a rule that no one can be king or queen after the age of 65 if there is any formal heir over twenty.
    That would contravene the Age Discrimination Act 2006, but I suppose there's little sign of equality laws ever being applied to the Royal family anyway.

  8. #8
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    The Wattle

    In 1999 they asked us, "Did we want to keep the Queen?".

    And all except for one small territory, the whole Continent voted, "Yes".

    They tried to frighten us by saying that Charles was coming next, and look, what horror, Camilla would be Queen.

    But neither Charles nor Camilla frightened the horses. And we continued our aristocratic dance.

    The Republicans are once again preparing to ask us the same question. I think they plan to keep asking us until we give the right answer.

    But really the Republicans want us to be like the Americans. But we have plainly stated we don't want their lethal gun culture, we don't want their religion, and we don't want a President who is not only the political leader, but also the Head of State and the Commander-in-Chief.

    No, we want to stick with our liberal democracy and the limitation of power under the Crown.

    And we are delighted on whoever's head the crown rests.

    Luckily the Constitution is quite specific.

    For we are the Lucky Country with no blood on the wattle.

  9. #9
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    The Monarch's role is essentially ceremonial, restricted in exercise of power and having only a handful of rights and duties. Having an "eternal grip of the Throne" is nothing more than providing a focus for national identity, unity and pride; giving a sense of stability and continuity of traditions; representing the country to the rest of the world.

    Monarchy nowadays is basically a publicity stunt, a representation of modern fairy-tale to keep the people entertained, it's a business. The "scandals", "intrigues", all the gossip and speculations, succession to the throne by lineage, a new Sovereign entering the scene when the predecessor passes away and all the traditional procedures that go with it keep all of that fairy-tale business alive.

    Why would a King be any different than a Queen? Other than the initial novelty effect?

  10. #10
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The Queen has been ordained by God so only God can remove her.
    Oh? And what about the unlawful disposal of King James in the so-called "Glorious Revolution"?

Similar Threads

  1. will summer 2012 be our generations "summer of love"?
    By xisnotx in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 09:33 PM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 04:01 AM
  3. When will I ever learn?
    By Such Irony in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 11:37 PM
  4. [INFJ] Will I ever stop morphing?
    By ArchAngel in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 05:38 PM
  5. This or this? Will I ever know?
    By Ezra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 07:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO