User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Only if he's rich, though.

And who are we kidding? He's a teacher, so he isn't.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Honestly, I can see how this was actually appropriate and, as he said, a tool for relating to his students. I seriously doubt he marked her off for being a loser. Seemed like a joke.

Why is the mom going to the media and stirring up drama? Seems like another conversation with the teacher would have done the job.

MBTI
    INTP

I wonder how the kid feels about it. I had a couple of teachers that said things like that to me in jest. And I live in NC. Maybe it is in the water...

heart on fire

No matter how he meant it, it's unprofessional. Then that would place him the catagory of an adult authority figure who tries to be the children's "buddy" and "friend" rather than an authority figure. That's all so much BS. You can't be both.

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, I can see your point that it was unprofessional. For me though, there was an over-abundance of authority figures in every school that I went to. The teacher this story reminded me of wasn't buddy-buddy though. He was just very sarcastic but I could really relate to him. It was the first time I remember trying to do well in a class instead of rebelling.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

One of the student teachers at my high school tried that "tactic" and at one point said something about maybe I was being cranky because I was on my period. I offhandedly mentioned it to my parents while complaining about something else he did. They ended up meeting with the principal about it. Heh! He was a jerk but I still feel a little bad about it.

heart on fire

^ That's sex harassment.

would be okay if you had turned around and said "No, what's your problem, wife not giving it up lately?"

Probably not...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    No matter how he meant it, it's unprofessional. Then that would place him the catagory of an adult authority figure who tries to be the children's "buddy" and "friend" rather than an authority figure. That's all so much BS. You can't be both.
    On second thought, I agree. But if they were older, would it have been acceptable? Say, college students, where you don't need to be an authority figure?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by xNTP View Post
    On second thought, I agree. But if they were older, would it have been acceptable? Say, college students, where you don't need to be an authority figure?
    Yeah, those are adults, it's different but I mean imagine a supervisor on a job who wrote on an employee evaluation "loser dock twenty cents pay per hour."? Just seems really unprofessional.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yeah, those are adults, it's different but I mean imagine a supervisor on a job who wrote on an employee evaluation "loser dock twenty cents pay per hour."? Just seems really unprofessional.
    I doubt he really took off 20%, unless of course she turned it in late, which sort of explains everything.