User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    More Ad Hominem. You're pretty good at this, or bad at it, depending on how one views that kind of thing.
    Well you have demonstrated that you're not clever enough to be, well... clever, so there really is no point for me to waste any real effort in trying to convince you of anything. Especially while you have your face jammed into logicalfallalcies.com

Its like having a discussion with a dictionary.

*edit*

Ad Hominem
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Well you have demonstrated that you're not clever enough to be, well... clever, so there really is no point for me to waste any real effort in trying to convince you of anything. Especially while you have your face jammed into logicalfallalcies.com

Its like having a discussion with a dictionary.

*edit*

Ad Hominem
    Can't forget the bare assertion, and the no true scotsman.

Edit: You think what you've been doing here is clever?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INTJ

You keep trying to claim the side of science, but its like you're just going after me, and fox news, and rush limbaugh without really offering any real meaningful data. Why would I rush to the spreadsheets for empirical evidence when you would just ignore it anyway and tell me it comes from some "biased" source that you don't like. If you guys are keen into logical fallacies check out Guilt by Association.
    Don't worry you don't have to believe in man made "global warming" - it's like what the religious people say about the devil - man made "global warming" believes in you... By the way it's important to note that "global warming" doesn't mean that the temperatures will be warmer in all locations or for significant periods of time... it refers more to surface temperatures etc that will then effect the equilibrium of the climate of our planet... and wherever the equilibrium settles will determine what the future climate actually is.

to think that the process should fit whatever timeframe you think it should is also ridiculous... Why would you think 20 years should be sufficient for a system as large and as complex as our planet to produce drastic results.. how much of a shift in the "natural" equilibrium prior to the influence of mankind in either direction do you think our planet can absorb? Please use actual science and appropriate terminology when explaining your reasoning for this...

Your statements are just a testimony to your ignorance on the subject matter and your lack of understanding the highly complex science behind what is actually taking place. The data offered is meaningful if you posses the expertise to interpret and understand it. Don't worry though, if you plan on living awhile or having kids or grandkids then man made "global warming" will catch up to you in the drastic ways you wish to see in order to believe...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    watch where you're driving f$cktards! I have the right of way!!! :steam:

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    Don't worry you don't have to believe in man made "global warming" - it's like what the religious people say about the devil - man made "global warming" believes in you... By the way it's important to note that "global warming" doesn't mean that the temperatures will be warmer in all locations or for significant periods of time... it refers more to surface temperatures etc that will then effect the equilibrium of the climate of our planet... and wherever the equilibrium settles will determine what the future climate actually is.

to think that the process should fit whatever timeframe you think it should is also ridiculous... Why would you think 20 years should be sufficient for a system as large and as complex as our planet to produce drastic results.. how much of a shift in the "natural" equilibrium prior to the influence of mankind in either direction do you think our planet can absorb? Please use actual science and appropriate terminology when explaining your reasoning for this...

Your statements are just a testimony to your ignorance on the subject matter and your lack of understanding the highly complex science behind what is actually taking place. The data offered is meaningful if you posses the expertise to interpret and understand it. Don't worry though, if you plan on living awhile or having kids or grandkids then man made "global warming" will catch up to you in the drastic ways you wish to see in order to believe...
    YES!!!

and back to the arsenic cookie story from earlier as well

Billy... why do you insist on bringing a cricket bat to a tennis match?

Your arguments aren't even rationally coherant and to respond would really be a waste of time... and you accusing me personally of spreading lies through the media is flattering, though untrue

I would suggest further research into the more technical side of the matter before going on long emotional rants about starving people... because do you know what else can make even MORE people starve? drought
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Can't forget the bare assertion, and the no true scotsman.

Edit: You think what you've been doing here is clever?
    No, I specifically said you weren't being clever, if I wont waste effort on you for that, what makes you think I would try to woo you with cleverness instead? No point.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post

Yeah? prove it.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    YES!!!

and back to the arsenic cookie story from earlier as well

Billy... why do you insist on bringing a cricket bat to a tennis match?

Your arguments aren't even rationally coherant and to respond would really be a waste of time... and you accusing me personally of spreading lies through the media is flattering, though untrue

I would suggest further research into the more technical side of the matter before going on long emotional rants about starving people... because do you know what else can make even MORE people starve? drought
    Actually humans are quite adaptive, they can thrive almost anywhere in the world as long as outside forces dont screw with them for a net negative. For example, all this craziness about making up bio-ethonol based fuel completely inflated the grain and corn costs, which of course subjected millions to abject starvation in Haiti and other 3rd world nations who relied on cheap American corn to survive, but hey! We're getting 16MPG yo! YES! I'M SAVING HUMANITY!

Speaking of being irrational, meaning not using rationality to talk, you should check into it, we can both be rational together, I will stop telling you that youre murdering Haitians with your self righteous good intentions if you will stop buying global warming on faith and ego. And lets be honest, its mostly faith and ego, that described about 90% of the people who believe in Global Warming IMO.

MBTI
    IsTP

No, I specifically said you weren't being clever, if I wont waste effort on you for that, what makes you think I would try to woo you with cleverness instead? No point.
    You specifically said it in a context that implies you have thus far been clever. Which you haven't. Just in case that point was unclear.

Yeah? prove it.
    Demanding negative proof.

Edit: and throw in the strawman and yet another bare assertion for your response to Whatever.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENFJ

Err, it doesn't really matter which side you're on, ethanol is a stupid idea.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Actually humans are quite adaptive, they can thrive almost anywhere in the world as long as outside forces dont screw with them for a net negative. For example, all this craziness about making up bio-ethonol based fuel completely inflated the grain and corn costs, which of course subjected millions to abject starvation in Haiti and other 3rd world nations who relied on cheap American corn to survive, but hey! We're getting 16MPG yo! YES! I'M SAVING HUMANITY!

Speaking of being irrational, meaning not using rationality to talk, you should check into it, we can both be rational together, I will stop telling you that youre murdering Haitians with your self righteous good intentions if you will stop buying global warming on faith and ego. And lets be honest, its mostly faith and ego, that described about 90% of the people who believe in Global Warming IMO.
    who said that I thought that ethanol was a good idea... especially the American Ethanol Production manner?!

quit making assumptions... you KNOW what that leads to

Now, I have better things to do than argue with someone who's willfully ignorant on the issue by refusing to read the research and making unfounded accusations and dragging the argument off topic... goodbye- I'm done with being accused of shit by you! ('cause we KNOW it isn't the first time!)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett