User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

It's really hot today.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    most of that is the anti side blowing the words of the pro side out of proportion... how many actual STUDIES on the issue have you read?
    Stupid studies, stupid evidence, stupid scientist! What do they know?! They just want to oppress us and take away our right to pollute and waste resources!
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

well hey, I kinda feel like that's how we do it in america, we take a problem and blow it up to unnecessary levels because we almost thrive on the sort of thing. It's like creating drama as a means to control.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oh shit! I've worked with the data... does that mean that I'm a lying manipulative bastard who's out to prevent anyone else from using our resources so that i can steal them and create an evil empire?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    most of that is the anti side blowing the words of the pro side out of proportion... how many actual STUDIES on the issue have you read?
    I think hyperbole like climate disaster, tidal waves, extreme weather are the words being blown out of proportion and the pro side is doing that on their own. It was cute to be green when it was maintainable, as soon as they started talking about sending billions to China and India as a "climate debt" the global warming scare was over, thankfully the threat of bankrupting the UK and the US for some UN initiative wasn't going to work for the US or the UK so Copenhagen was steered rightfully off the tracks. Thank god.

As for attacking me personally, not interested. Thanks for playing.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    IsTP

Yes, asking you how many studies on the subject you've read, is a personal attack. Thanks for clearing that up for us.

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

the less educated people tend to make assumptions that lead for the anti side to announce "they're saying ___" and ___ is almost ALWAYS something blown way out of proportion... for instance, anything that Rush Limbaugh tends to say (and yes, I listen to him from time to time... it's good to hear what the other side has to say... )

I'm not personally attacking you by asking if you've read the studies... I'm simply asking you where you're getting your ideas that the data says that we're all going to be swept away by a tidal wave in 5 years or so...

you wouldn't make such an extreme statement without having heard it SOMEWHERE reliable would you have?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Yes, asking you how many studies on the subject you've read, is a personal attack. Thanks for clearing that up for us.
    Its actually quite irrelevant.

What does it matter where I get my data from? If the global warming alarmist scientists get to lie and hide facts that hurt their cause why shouldn't everyone else? If in your minds you're trying to save us from a global disaster, then whats the alternative? People don't consider themselves evil, if you're saving us from hell on earth, then the antis are trying to save the earth from the hell that is the policies that are going to be imposed on us if we let this media hyped hysteria take us over.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Its actually quite irrelevant.
    Yes you're right. You can make assertions and claims without having to demonstrate knowing anything about the subject! Why should your knowledge of the subject have anything to do with anything?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

no it's not... if you want to make a valid judgement on an issue going to the source is the most fair way to do so... you learn THAT writing research papers