User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    But if Fox News says it, it MUST be true! The media doesn't lie/propagandize/twist the truth, does it!? Only scientists do that shit!

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

I am highly skeptical about the issue of Climate Change simply because there is so much sensation and media over the issue. The tone of the issue is enough to make me want to shut it out altogether.

In point: the louder you scream something into my ear, the less likely I am to listen.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

people never cease to surprise me by how incredibly dense they can be... you're still stuck on old terminology and theory there instead of moving with the times, and in doing so you're attempting to discount the fact that something IS wrong by claiming that the world is not getting warmer... I thought that you intuitive people were supposed to like new ideas and stuff :rolli:

The more current theory is global climate destabilization... some regions getting more rain, some less, hurricanes off the coast of Brazil, less rain in the Amazon basin, normally consistantly weathered climates switching to a more monsoon-season like split of a wet season and a dry season (hello midwest! )... we're talking about changes in climates that society has built itself to depend on over the past few hundred years!

Yes, climates DO change over time... and there's a lot of factors that influence this, but if you study the effects of different pollutants in the atmosphere over the course of history, you can see that they DO play a role in the destabilization and changing of climates

In the past when there weren't so many people and society was more nomadic this was less alarming... people were more flexible and adaptable, but now we have too many people and too permanent of an infrastructure for that, so the climate changing IS a problem

So no, it's NOT an overall trend of the whole world becoming warmer... it's a trend of different regions experiencing different weirdnesses, which is harder to evaluate on a broader sweeping scale... like the news seems to "grasp"
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    people never cease to surprise me by how incredibly dense they can be... you're still stuck on old terminology and theory there instead of moving with the times, and in doing so you're attempting to discount the fact that something IS wrong by claiming that the world is not getting warmer... I thought that you intuitive people were supposed to like new ideas and stuff :rolli:

The more current theory is global climate destabilization... some regions getting more rain, some less, hurricanes off the coast of Brazil, less rain in the Amazon basin, normally consistantly weathered climates switching to a more monsoon-season like split of a wet season and a dry season (hello midwest! )... we're talking about changes in climates that society has built itself to depend on over the past few hundred years!

Yes, climates DO change over time... and there's a lot of factors that influence this, but if you study the effects of different pollutants in the atmosphere over the course of history, you can see that they DO play a role in the destabilization and changing of climates

In the past when there weren't so many people and society was more nomadic this was less alarming... people were more flexible and adaptable, but now we have too many people and too permanent of an infrastructure for that, so the climate changing IS a problem

So no, it's NOT an overall trend of the whole world becoming warmer... it's a trend of different regions experiencing different weirdnesses, which is harder to evaluate on a broader sweeping scale... like the news seems to "grasp"
    Exactly. Now your mission, if you choose to accept it, find a way to say that in a sentence the mouth breathers can understand, and you win.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Exactly. Now your mission. if you choose to accept it, find a way to say that in a sentence the mouth breathers can understand, and you win.
    but to some of those people I AM a mouthbreather

to simplify it... people are dumb and look for some broad overarching global climate change so that they can freak out about it... global is simple, and simple people understand simple things

unfortunatly, this isn't a case of a trend of the same thing happening everywhere... DIFFERENT bad things are happening in different regions, therefore those who oversimplify things aren't seeing anything

it's like if you're baking a large batch of cookies and add some arsenic... just add an amount that shouldn't be lethal, but don't mix the dough too much. Now, if you test ALL of the cookies as a conglomerate, you would say that the cookies contain arsenic, but not at a level that should kill people... however, if you test the cookies individually you will find that some cookies will indeed kill you and some contain much less arsenic than estimated
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ

Global warming alarmists = boy who cried wolf, if we dont wanna hear the new improved lies about Climate change and global warming, its you own fault. Algore said the world was supposed to end in fire and waves last year.
    Ground control to Major Tom

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

wow... I LOVE how people are always misinterpreting Al Gore's words or occasionally blatantly putting words in his mouth

Its kind of creepy that the anti side is even more driven to hyperbole than the pro side

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Global warming alarmists = boy who cried wolf, if we dont wanna hear the new improved lies about Climate change and global warming, its you own fault. Algore said the world was supposed to end in fire and waves last year.
    This is why I'm glad I spend so much time around INTPs. I can spot fallacies from miles away. Thank you INTPs!!!
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INFJ

Dont be silly, the Anti side isnt proclaiming that we are headed for a global meltdown and wipeout of our species.
    Ground control to Major Tom

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

most of that is the anti side blowing the words of the pro side out of proportion... how many actual STUDIES on the issue have you read?