User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    How do Frenchmen express their anger? Go on strike? Write an angry political treatise? Make a new sauce? have an affair with a piece of cheese?
    Drink a whole bottle of California cabernet, but not tell anybody?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

They laughed at Noah when he was building an yaught in the desert too...wait until a melting iceburg chases you all down a dark alley with a knife...and then who will be screaming sacrebleu!?!
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    You are all depressing me deeply.
    What are you depressing yourself for?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    They laughed at Noah when he was building an yaught in the desert too...wait until a melting iceburg chases you all down a dark alley with a knife...and then who will be screaming sacrebleu!?!
    Well the water temperature down around Antartica has decreased to the point where sea ice is INCREASING. One should see more iceburgs.

Ginkgo

We simply cannot afford to gamble... by ignoring it. We cannot risk inaction. These scientists who say we are merely entering a period of climate instability are acting irresponsibly. The indications that our climate can soon change for the worse are too strong to be reasonably ignored.

- 1978 Lowell Ponte, The Cooling p. 237 (about global cooling)

We can conjure up any scenarios our imagination(s) can muster by measuring the non-linear variables of environmental systems. People always assume that they are linear, but they are not - this is why meteorologists make 10 day forecasts that are sometimes revealed as moot once the rain doesn't come. If we can't predict the weather accurately within a 10 day timespan, or even a span of months, then how could we possible manage to forecast a global catastrophe in the next 50 years?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Seriously, I don't know about the whole global warming hysteria. Clearly in parts of the world there has been a trend of higher temperatures in the last century. Also as has been noted the largest mass of ice on earth, Antarctica, is growing (although there are reports that it is less dense/thiner).

My intuition tells me that well beyond global warming, the human race spouting poisons and pollution into the environment/atmosphere is a bad thing. Be it flooding the earth, messing with the biodiversity, limiting protection from solar radiation, deforestation, releasing new plagues etc...esentially its treating this planet like Corey Haim treated his body and with similar results.

So children be good to yo Mama.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Clearly in parts of the world there has been a trend of higher temperatures in the last century.
    Most of the world.

But not every single region.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    COME TO G-SUS
    Interpolated data, assertions dolled up as fact, the practice of peer review in tatters?

Sorry, mac, I like a little science in my science.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Interpolated data, assertions dolled up as fact, the practice of peer review in tatters?

Sorry, mac, I like a little science in my science.
    The fact that you think you stand for science is the biggest mockery of all.

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Well the water temperature down around Antartica has decreased to the point where sea ice is INCREASING. One should see more iceburgs.
    Iceberg the size of Luxembourg could plunge Europe into cold winters | Mail Online

Though concession I'll make is that global warming is a poorly chosen term. The weath system is become unstable, and that includes potentially extreme heat and extreme cold. To give you an example, if the permafrost melts off of antarctica, then fresh water poors into the ocean in huge quantities. Those could result in a dramatic amount of desalinization, which in turn disrupts the gulf stream, which is what keep Europe unusually warm for its longitude.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP

Instead of Global Warming, Climate Shift sounds more revelant =]