User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 263

  1. #181
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Then you need to overthrow government, or whore yourselves out to get the funding. Murder, steal, cheat, lie to save the world. I would, if I knew what you knew.
    Wow, how could I have overlooked this one? Seriously... I am not that afraid of my own death...

    Thus if I did those things I would be doing them for you and the rest of the world, but for the most part you and the rest of the world are misguided at best and don't care at worst..

    So what would be the point? I'm pretty sure the US Army could take me out rather easily if I tried to over throw the government and then my death would be even quicker then if I just wait for global warming to catch up to me... I am doing my would have been kids a favor by not having them though since the chances of catastrophic events happening in their lifetime are much greater... more than that and my research I can't do... I don't have super powers...

    And I seriously doubt I could whore myself out for enough money to fund my research although I should bring that up at my next group meeting (cos it's common knowledge that scientists are the hottest and sexiest of people on the planet) LOL! Maybe it could be some kind of charity thing...

    - I need billions of dollars... so like I need an army of chicks way hotter than me and damn good and fucking and sucking dick.. like they need to be pros because repeat customers would be needed to make an impact...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    watch where you're driving f$cktards! I have the right of way!!! :steam:

  2. #182
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    What I never got is why there's such high concentrations of oil near the north pole because of this. Can someone explain that to me? Please?
    1.Much of the oil is actually made of atoms that used to be in bodies of marine microorganizms. Which can live in cold waters.
    Actually the prefer it in many cases.


    2. Plate tectonic can push entire continents / regions across the world.


    That would be it in short as far as I know.

  3. #183
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    Seriously... I am not that afraid of my own death...
    You must have some fear... I mean you got a restraining order against your (probably harmless) stalker assistant. It seems as though global warming is a much greater and more likely threat. Although, I guess getting a restraining order is much easier and not really much of a sacrifice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #184
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    If Nuclei isn't afraid of death, why should the rest of us be afraid of death, either?

    Damn the climate, full speed ahead.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  5. #185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I wasn't planning on taking your word; but, to transfer motivation, I would need at least a general understanding of the foundation and legitimacy of said motivation. Your life path has allowed you to discover what you have, and to be the person that you are as a result of those discoveries. I, having lived a different life with different experiences, don't have the luxury of already knowing for certain of the demise of our society. You were lucky enough to have stumbled upon it. I would need to actively go out and research it, a sacrifice that requires a degree of motivation on my part. I am probing you for that motivation.
    Dude then you are looking in the wrong place. I'm not a self help spokes person I'm a scientist.. if you want data then you can ask me if you want motivation that needs to come from yourself.. My only goal in this thread is to provide data to those who wish to utilize it. I'm not interested in converting anyone to the "cause"... The facts are the facts and they speak for themselves if you are willing to take the time to look at them...

    If you don't think I seriously believe we will destroy our planet because I haven't become a prostitute then I can't help you.... I dedicate a lot of time to these problems in science.... but nothing else I do will make an impact since this requires a group effort. Thus I am content to die if I must at least I will know I tried.. if it comes after my lifetime then at least I will know I didn't drag anybody else into it. I'm not living some kind of paranoid life if that what's you're thinking... as I said before it's more like living with cancer or some other disease... you know the odds of dying if nothing changes are pretty good, you hope something changes, you might even to try to do things to make a change, but you still live your life the best you can...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    watch where you're driving f$cktards! I have the right of way!!! :steam:

  6. #186
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    Dude then you are looking in the wrong place. I'm not a self help spokes person I'm a scientist.. if you want data then you can ask me if you want motivation that needs to come from yourself.. My only goal in this thread is to provide data to those who wish to utilize it. I'm not interested in converting anyone to the "cause"... The facts are the facts and they speak for themselves if you are willing to take the time to look at them...

    If you don't think I seriously believe we will destroy our planet because I haven't become a prostitute then I can't help you.... I dedicate a lot of time to these problems in science.... but nothing else I do will make an impact since this requires a group effort. Thus I am content to die if I must at least I will know I tried.. if it comes after my lifetime then at least I will know I didn't drag anybody else into it. I'm not living some kind of paranoid life if that what's you're thinking... as I said before it's more like living with cancer or some other disease... you know the odds of dying if nothing changes are pretty good, you hope something changes, you might even to try to do things to make a change, but you still live your life the best you can...
    I am not looking to you as a self help guru. I was simply assessing your beliefs by throwing things at you and watching your reactions; watching the effects those things had upon your argument. You must admit that, historically, scientists can tend to overemphasize their own work because it is in their own benefit to do so. I don't need your data, it is of little use. As you said, what is important here is getting society to believe in global warming, anything else is futile. I'm not in the business of handing out gold stars to pseudo-solutions. I thank you for what work you are doing on behalf of mankind, and wish you much prosperity in your scientific endeavors (not for your sake, but for the sake of humanity).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #187
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    I was always under the impression that global warming was an issue if we're worried about dying. If that's no longer the problem, why do anything? Just sit back and watch the fireworks.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  8. #188
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    You must have some fear... I mean you got a restraining order against your (probably harmless) stalker assistant. It seems as though global warming is a much greater and more likely threat. Although, I guess getting a restraining order is much easier and not really much of a sacrifice.
    First of all that was a private message that I sent you.. second you're taking it out of context.. third the university got the restraining order and I believe my exact words to you were it's not like I'm afraid he will physically hurt me or anything but he exhibited this kind of behavior with other girls on campus...

    That being said if you want to make this about me then let me school you on what I've learned about death... My brother died in my arms and it was awful. Moreover, as I am also a pilot and worked as a pilot prior to entering graduate school I've seen plenty of death associated with this war... and have nearly died myself. I was more afraid when I lost my brother and my friends then I was when I almost died. There are things in this world that are worse than death.... I am not afraid to die... I am afraid of suffering while I am alive...

    I decided to dedicate my life to the scientific advancement of mankind - not by accident as you presume though you don't know me thus you pulled that right out of your ass... I believe it is only right to leave future generations with the same resources and environment that we inherited if not better... It is certainly wrong to condemn them to a life of suffering...

    It takes hard work and dedication to obtain the knowledge that I and others like me have.. Anyone could do this if they tried but many don't have the motivation to do so... I won't be schooled by self righteous know-it-alls with no personal experience yet all too willing to judge people they don't even know... What you are essentially expecting me to do is try to hold up the sun with my bare hands.. you're so ignorant of the facts you can't even see this. One person cannot solve global warming this problem is beyond one person as logic appears to be beyond you...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    watch where you're driving f$cktards! I have the right of way!!! :steam:

  9. #189
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I was always under the impression that global warming was an issue if we're worried about dying. If that's no longer the problem, why do anything? Just sit back and watch the fireworks.
    Well jsu becuse you are not worried about it that does not mean that would should not prevent it.


    As nuc said this is like having a cancer and living with it. There is no much point in worrying about it but anyone would want their cancer cured.

  10. #190
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well jsu becuse you are not worried about it that does not mean that would should not prevent it.


    As nuc said this is like having a cancer and living with it. There is no much point in worrying about it but anyone would want their cancer cured.
    Why would we work to prevent it, though? It's not like this is the first time the Earth's climate has never changed, and it certainly won't be the last. Nobody cared enough to try to prevent it those last times, so why now? Just because we caused it? Who says other organisms haven't caused climate change before? We don't know. Because it's happening particularly fast? Why is that such a problem?

    We are apparently rational creatures, we don't need to fear death. Are we worried about the other animals on the earth? Why? Mere sentimentality, species have gone extinct due to climate change before. Do we fear for our children? Simple, then -- don't have any children, and then there is nothing to fear.

    When you take fear of death out of the equation, any reason to prevent climate change turns into mere philosophy.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. Data on Global Warming is being Faked!!!!!!!!!
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 09-28-2015, 11:41 AM
  2. The Great Global Warming Swindle
    By reason in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 12:04 PM
  3. Heat Wave Blamed On Global Warming
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2012, 04:57 PM
  4. Current update on Global Warming!
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO