User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 263

  1. #161
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Maybe we're causing sunspots, too.
    this is even more bizzare than certain ingredients in sunscreen causing skin cancer... the sun causes skin cancer in humans AND VICE VERSA!!!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #162
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    To all you climate change ninnies, read this:

    Changing Sun, Changing Climate

    Yes, read the entire damn thing.
    Argument that the sun is doing it is flawed in its core since the strongest changes are at the north pole. Which is in fact reciving the smallest amount of the suns energy from entire northern hemisphere.





    As you can see on this pictue amounts of energy are falling on the different parts of the earths surface. The distances between yellow lines are energy.
    However since earth stands as is it stands polar regions are getting less energy per square meter/mile or whatever because of the angle. In other words rays are falling under a different angles around the globe what determines how much they will warm up the place. This is actually the reason why we have ice at the poles and tropical areas around the equator.
    Actually you can notice the same thing during a day. When the sun is low the temperature will never be as high as in noon. (this is simplified example)

    So if the sun is to blame the biggest changes would be at the equator while the smallest would be at the pole. And what we have observed is the opposite of that.


    If you get my point ?

  3. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Ok but that would mean that the math would look like this.
    We have rised concentration from about 270 PPMs to 390 PPMs , correct ?

    What is 120 PPMs.

    So 100/7 = 14.28 (lets say 14)

    What means that in oceans there is 13 times more CO2 than in atmosphere.

    So 120 x 13 = 1550 PPMs (if all of it would come out into the atmosphere.)


    However now I am not sure if they count oxygen in the atmosphere by molecules or atoms. So I will presume that it is atoms since that makes more sense. So I will multiply with 2.

    So 1560 x 2 = 3120 .

    While oxygen is at 210000 PPMs. (21%)

    So this would be like rising the oxygen levels for 0,312 %.
    What is bad but not that much bad.

    However if we pump everything we got and all the plant life burns mostly into CO2 because of drought(s) then we will have a serious problem in this area.
    (too much oxygen)


    Did I got something wrong ?
    I mean I am not 100% sure that I got the correct meaning of the word "excess" since English is not my first language.


    And yes trees probably will not help since they are carbon stores instead of carbon sinks. Plus we are short on space.
    Yes that is a significant amount of oxygen to pump into the atmosphere over a short period of time... This is equilibrium we are talking about not two separate jars of stuff... we aren't asking the question how much will the excess oxygen change the cylinder of oxygen in the lab if we increase it by 0.3% but rather what effect will that have on the equilibrium...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    watch where you're driving f$cktards! I have the right of way!!! :steam:

  4. #164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'm sorry if this is harsh, but it is harsh because your understanding of what will happen doesn't seem to be in line with the actions you're taking to prevent it. I don't view this as evidence that you are incorrect; I just feel that you aren't doing what you need to do.
    How do you know what actions I'm taking to prevent this? First of all I am a research scientist and I do work on projects that relate directly to this and more than that I can't do.. why don't you get off your ass and get a real degree and do something as well. The burden to save all of mankind certainly doesn't fall squarely on my shoulders... however I am certain that the work I do is far more helpful to solving this issue than anything that you've ever done seeing as how I actually have research grants based on my own ideas in this area (atom economical chemical reactions for drug discovery, renewable energy resources, biodegradable plastics)... For most of my PhD I've spent 15 to 20 hours a day every day including weekends in my lab working... but sure I spend time with my family, participate in psyche projects on internet forums for my best friend, and even go on vacation...

    edit:
    Moreover the ideas are there but the research funding is not and that is a problem that only citizens voting can fix.. if you bitches can't get a clue and vote smart all of my ideas and those of my colleagues will sit undeveloped in our idea books until we die.. Let me make this very clear to you - we cannot work on whatever we see fit unless we are billionaires...

    the government decides what they will fund based on who the retarded populous votes for and I have to say viagra gets more funding then most of the brilliant environmental ideas I've seen at conferences... that is not my doing... That is also why I never plan on having kids... I don't have much hope for the general population.. many have their heads real far up their ass...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    watch where you're driving f$cktards! I have the right of way!!! :steam:

  5. #165
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    How do you know what actions I'm taking to prevent this? First of all I am a research scientist and I do work on projects that relate directly to this and more than that I can't do.. why don't you get off your ass and get a real degree and do something as well. The burden to save all of mankind certainly doesn't fall squarely on my shoulders... however I am certain that the work I do is far more helpful to solving this issue than anything that you've ever done seeing as how I actually have research grants based on my own ideas in this area (atom economical chemical reactions for drug discovery, renewable energy resources, biodegradable plastics)... For most of my PhD I've spent 15 to 20 hours a day every day including weekends in my lab working... but sure I spend time with my family, participate in psyche projects on internet forums for my best friend, and even go on vacation...
    Humans are motivated by external stimulation, and I have not had the kind of stimulation that tells me there is immediate danger. You say our situation is like falling, and your goal is to open the parachute. Well, if I were falling, I would beg and plead to get that parachute open; I would cry, I would fight, I would bite, I might even murder to make sure it was open. You make a claim of death and destruction, but act otherwise.

    Who the fuck cares about drugs or renewable energy? Why waste your time when we will all be dead unless something is done about this? You may feel as though I am being condescending, but my intentions are pure. I have no harsh feelings for you, and consider you a rather intelligent and capable person from my limited observations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #166
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    If I had your beliefs I definitely would not be typing on this forum. I would sacrifice friendships, family (never have kids or a wife), and devote my life and research to finding ways to get the ball rolling. If your understanding of our situation leads you to believe that the end of civilization is near (and I don't disagree or agree with you, as I haven't researched the issue) then get off your fucking ass and do something. We can't all have a background in science which would allow us to know what you know with certainty, so it is your responsibility (as a product of our educational system; the sacrifices of your countrymen so that you may go to college) to convince us. Don't be a pussy about it, but don't be stupid and go around punching people either. You need to transcend social retardation and persuade others, through any means necessary. You're an INTJ, strategize.

    I'm sorry if this is harsh, but it is harsh because your understanding of what will happen doesn't seem to be in line with the actions you're taking to prevent it. I don't view this as evidence that you are incorrect; I just feel that you aren't doing what you need to do.

    Well people who have Ph.Ds in this are trying to do that for decades. However every time they get lost in the chaos of the meda. Plus usually the jurnalists place a few crackpots to disagree with them and that is it. It is your word against his. However since you are advodating something radical and the other guy advocates "business as usual" he wins.
    Not to mention that very little of actual science comes out all the way to the public.


    Why do you think that me and Nuc are so rigid towards each other ?
    Exactly because we both believe that this is not a joke topic and all those crackpot like and incorrect arguments should be removed from the argument that we(scientists) should present to the public.

  7. #167
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post

    edit:
    Moreover the ideas are there but the research funding is not and that is a problem that only citizens voting can fix.. if you bitches can't get a clue and vote smart all of my ideas and those of my colleagues will sit undeveloped in our idea books until we die.. Let me make this very clear to you - we cannot work on whatever we see fit unless we are billionaires...

    the government decides what they will fund based on who the retarded populous votes for and I have to say viagra gets more funding then most of the brilliant environmental ideas I've seen at conferences... that is not my doing... That is also why I never plan on having kids... I don't have much hope for the general population.. many have their heads real far up their ass...
    Then you need to overthrow government, or whore yourselves out to get the funding. Murder, steal, cheat, lie to save the world. I would, if I knew what you knew.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #168
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well people who have Ph.Ds in this are trying to do that for decades. However every time they get lost in the chaos of the meda. Plus usually the jurnalists place a few crackpots to disagree with them and that is it.
    It is your word against his. However since you are advodating something radical and the other guy advocates "business as usual" he wins.
    Not to mention that very little of actual science comes out all the way to the public.


    Why do you think that me and Nuc are so rigid towards eachother ?
    Exactly because we both believe that this is not a joke topic and all those crackpot like and incorrect arguments should be removed from the argument that we(scientists) should present to the public.

    IF YOU THINK YOU WILL DIE, THEN DO MORE THAN ARGUE IN A FUCKING FORUM. IT ISN'T ABOUT JUST HOW TO SOLVE IT, IT IS ABOUT ACTUALLY APPLYING THAT SOLUTION. FEAR OF DEATH SHOULD BE MOTIVATING YOU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #169
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Then you need to overthrow government, or whore yourselves out to get the funding. Murder, steal, cheat, lie to save the world. I would, if I knew what you knew.
    Bullshit!
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  10. #170
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Budd Dwyer was a Pennsylvanian senator who knew that he was going to be convicted of fraud. He knew that his family would not be provided for once he was convicted. He took drastic action to ensure that his family was allowed to keep his pension. If he only thought he might be convicted, he probably wouldn't have killed himself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. Data on Global Warming is being Faked!!!!!!!!!
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 09-28-2015, 11:41 AM
  2. The Great Global Warming Swindle
    By reason in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 12:04 PM
  3. Heat Wave Blamed On Global Warming
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2012, 04:57 PM
  4. Current update on Global Warming!
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO