User Tag List

First 123 Last

Our Multi-Cultural Society

The reality is that we have had a large immigration program since WW II.

And our program has always included refugees, as it does today.

And our immigration program is considered one of the best in the world, culminating in our prosperous and peaceful multi-cultural society.

MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's true that Australia's multiculturalism is surprisingly functional. And that Australia has been built on immigration since the Brits first arrive.
    But Australia doesn't have huge resources and space, so setting a limit of how many people it can host while remaining sustainable is important.
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

Multiculturalism and Jihad

Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    It's true that Australia's multiculturalism is surprisingly functional. And that Australia has been built on immigration since the Brits first arrive.
    But Australia doesn't have huge resources and space, so setting a limit of how many people it can host while remaining sustainable is important.
    We own one whole Continent and the surrounding seas and claim half of another under the Antarctic Treaty Organisation. So we got plenty of space.

And we are renowned for our resources, so we are not short of resources.

It is vital that all migrants accept free speech, parliamentary democracy and equality under the law rather than trying to impose Sharia by force.

When they do, of course, we bring them before the Criminal Courts. And we have had many such trials of large groups of Islamic men who have been convicted and sent to jail.

It has become obvious that we now have home grown jihad. Our security forces have done an excellent job of stopping them from carrying out mass murder on Australian soil. But this won't continue for ever. Eventually they will get through our defences.

However in Canberra we have surrounded all of our sensitive government buildings with cement walls to stop Islamic suicide bombers ramming truck full of explosives into Public Service Buildings.

When they succeed in killing us in large numbers as they have stated, I hope our successful multiculturalism survives.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    Space? Australia is short on space?

Might wanna qualify that cause that's one Aussie thing that isn't in short supply.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Space? Australia is short on space?

Might wanna qualify that cause that's one Aussie thing that isn't in short supply.
    Might be short on arable land (especially with recent droughts), but it ain't short on space.

MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes, I meant arable land.
    And yes, Australia has a lot of resources.
    I have to admit I almost naturally consider the global market as something that won't be around forever and therefore I am a bit biased and tend to think of immediate local resources as the only valuable long term resources. A lot of the resources of Australia are directed towards exports.
    Furthermore, a lot of Australia's resources are directed at export, in that same framework, they would become much less useful.

A question I have, though is : is it really multiculturalism if we shouldn't allow immigrants to express the non-democratic or sharia aspects of their culture?

From what I understand islam and islamic culture understands itself as a whole, you cannot take parts of it away and it still be the same thing.

Enlightenment has brought Western Europe and the Anglosphere to question all its values and deconstruct its culture. But it's not the case of all other cultures in the world.
    I get the impression that this deconstruction of culture, and the fragmented culture it leaves, calls for an ideal of multiculturalism in order to recomplete itself. Yet is it possible when the other cultures do not share this ideal of fragmented culture?
    However
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

I dont like welfare tourism, I dont like islamisation either. That's the total of my feeling about immigration, if it doesnt mean either of those things then let it happen, open the gates.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I've heard that some want us to boost our population in the same fashion as china, but that sounds pretty strange to me. One of our state politicians was putting up anti abortion posters everywhere, and from what I gather, his idea is that we boost our population to a level where we wont need immigration, and we let other countries deal with their own overpopulation problems. Abortions prevent around 100,000 births a year in australia, as far as I've heard, so I'm not sure that it would make much of a difference. I just thought it was a really bad campaign idea... and I still do. I've also heard that they might start refusing to accomodate unskilled workers from overseas... that might be a reasonable idea.

So do we make descisions as a human race, or as a country?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

As the article states, they're hoping to attract more workers to pay for retirements.

The US has been doing the same thing, by having basically opened the borders in the 1990's.

China needs to also increase it's population to pay for seniors.

Problem is that Capitalism and Globalism are going to freakn' implode. Bigger populations to support seniors, more production, more usage of natural resources. By 2030 we'll need two freakn' planet earths to continue the model. And almost no one's willing to take a look at the glass ceiling.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Why do they say 6 out of 10 and not 3 out of 5. It annoys me.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf