User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 27

  1. #1
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,896

    Thumbs up Zeitgeist, The Movie

    Has anyone seen this? Some fascinating perspectives.

    Zeitgeist - The Movie

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  2. #2
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    An INTP friend suggested it, and I half-watched it with an ISTP, I was practically asleep, if I recall, correctly, there was an ominous, duh-duh-duuuuh, apocalyptic vibe to it, it was a documentary, right?

    Like of the conspiracy-theory vein.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    An INTP friend suggested it, and I half-watched it with an ISTP, I was practically asleep, if I recall, correctly, there was an ominous, duh-duh-duuuuh, apocalyptic vibe to it, it was a documentary, right?

    Like of the conspiracy-theory vein.
    Silly sometimes I reckon that if your in person persona is anything like your online one and your avatars are true to life too that anyone able to invest their attention in anything other than your good self in your company would deserve a medal.


  4. #4
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Conspiracy theories can bite me. Sure, a lot of it might be logical and might have happened...but get your sleazy Ni off my face, please. In the end, it tried to indoctrinate as much as what it was picking apart.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Good link. I do disagree with this being "shit" however. There is good stuff here. You don't need to take it all literally. I think you can look at this with an open mind, not necessarily believing any of it to be true, and get a lof out of watching the two videos. It is the potential perspectives and ideas that are important.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  7. #7
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    An INTP friend suggested it, and I half-watched it with an ISTP, I was practically asleep, if I recall, correctly, there was an ominous, duh-duh-duuuuh, apocalyptic vibe to it, it was a documentary, right?

    Like of the conspiracy-theory vein
    .
    That definitely sounds like the one.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  8. #8
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    load of BS
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  9. #9
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Good link. I do disagree with this being "shit" however. There is good stuff here. You don't need to take it all literally. I think you can look at this with an open mind, not necessarily believing any of it to be true, and get a lof out of watching the two videos. It is the potential perspectives and ideas that are important.
    The video is not advertised as a symbolic thought-experiment for the purposes of broadening one's imagination by exploring the boundaries of improbability to explain the true nature of apparent reality; it's paranoid and unsubstantiated conspiracy-theory propaganda advocating ideas which have real, negative consequences on society and individuals alike.

  10. #10
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    The video is not advertised as a symbolic thought-experiment for the purposes of broadening one's imagination by exploring the boundaries of improbability to explain the true nature of apparent reality; it's paranoid and unsubstantiated conspiracy-theory propaganda advocating ideas which have real, negative consequences on society and individuals alike.
    I think you're probably right. I can see too common reactions: 1) people would take it at face value and believe it or 2) people get really irritated due to the lack of concrete facts to substantiate some of the points. Having read the link you provided, it is disappointing that the mis-quotes and poor evidence detract so greatly from what I think are some good messages that the producer is trying to communicate. However, the person who wrote up all that negative commentary is only one person and I'm not so sure I believe all of what he is saying either.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

Similar Threads

  1. LOTR character classfication(based on the movies)
    By ColonelGadaafi in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-02-2017, 01:11 PM
  2. Main character of Hitman, the movie.
    By little.bad.apple in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 02:39 PM
  3. Taken (The Movie)
    By Nonsensical in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 10:55 PM
  4. Jaws: The Movie
    By IXTJ in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 10:00 AM
  5. How often do you stay for the end credits of the movie?
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 12:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO