123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Thumbs up Zeitgeist, The Movie

Has anyone seen this? Some fascinating perspectives.

Zeitgeist - The Movie

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

An INTP friend suggested it, and I half-watched it with an ISTP, I was practically asleep, if I recall, correctly, there was an ominous, duh-duh-duuuuh, apocalyptic vibe to it, it was a documentary, right?

Like of the conspiracy-theory vein.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    An INTP friend suggested it, and I half-watched it with an ISTP, I was practically asleep, if I recall, correctly, there was an ominous, duh-duh-duuuuh, apocalyptic vibe to it, it was a documentary, right?

Like of the conspiracy-theory vein.
    Silly sometimes I reckon that if your in person persona is anything like your online one and your avatars are true to life too that anyone able to invest their attention in anything other than your good self in your company would deserve a medal.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Conspiracy theories can bite me. Sure, a lot of it might be logical and might have happened...but get your sleazy Ni off my face, please. In the end, it tried to indoctrinate as much as what it was picking apart.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Good link. I do disagree with this being "shit" however. There is good stuff here. You don't need to take it all literally. I think you can look at this with an open mind, not necessarily believing any of it to be true, and get a lof out of watching the two videos. It is the potential perspectives and ideas that are important.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post

Like of the conspiracy-theory vein
    That definitely sounds like the one.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

load of BS
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Good link. I do disagree with this being "shit" however. There is good stuff here. You don't need to take it all literally. I think you can look at this with an open mind, not necessarily believing any of it to be true, and get a lof out of watching the two videos. It is the potential perspectives and ideas that are important.
    The video is not advertised as a symbolic thought-experiment for the purposes of broadening one's imagination by exploring the boundaries of improbability to explain the true nature of apparent reality; it's paranoid and unsubstantiated conspiracy-theory propaganda advocating ideas which have real, negative consequences on society and individuals alike.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    The video is not advertised as a symbolic thought-experiment for the purposes of broadening one's imagination by exploring the boundaries of improbability to explain the true nature of apparent reality; it's paranoid and unsubstantiated conspiracy-theory propaganda advocating ideas which have real, negative consequences on society and individuals alike.
    I think you're probably right. I can see too common reactions: 1) people would take it at face value and believe it or 2) people get really irritated due to the lack of concrete facts to substantiate some of the points. Having read the link you provided, it is disappointing that the mis-quotes and poor evidence detract so greatly from what I think are some good messages that the producer is trying to communicate. However, the person who wrote up all that negative commentary is only one person and I'm not so sure I believe all of what he is saying either.

Tri-type 639